The Hardest Rocking Metal Power Trios?

Coroner, and all the others have been mentioned, so one of the best that hasn't been mentioned is the band Defleshed. The Under the Blade album just goes full on deathrash for 40 minutes, and doesn't let go of your throat.

I've never really listened to 80's and 90's rush all that much tbh. my favorites are vapor trail and 2112.

I don't think I even have grace under pressure...

Actually, yeah, some of their pop stuff is the best, due to the restraint they show (most notably with vocals), not to mention the ability to write a tune with both radio potential and high rhythmic complexity.

As a proto-metal 70's rock band (the first album), I still think they ruled. The prog stuff however, while inventive with some good heavy riffing just doesn't touch other bands of the genre. They're not as bad as Styx or anything, but they get pretty damn bad at times.

The lyrics are still fucking stupid. Oh well, just like me, people will think they're amazing until they age more... :p

The lyrics are still fucking stupid. Oh well, just like me, people will think they're amazing until they age more... :p

And Richard Dawkins will eventually decide that the only way to be saved is through our lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

Say what you want about the others, but The Spirit of Radio is a freaking beautiful lyrical piece. And Freewill makes a good point, not deciding still does make a judgment. :)

Obviously, I only listen to Rush's hits. I prefer Yes. But Yes's lyrics make no sense at all. And Rush's lyrics are great from what I've heard.

One look at half the things that excite you makes me wonder why you think that way. Cartoon bands like Wintersun never did much for me; but you seem to like some good stuff.

Led Zeppelin's first two efforts imitated selected blues artists to the point of near plagiarism, however, they definitely became relevant come number 3.

Metal Blade Slayer is the only good one.

Rush is stupid in many ways, but the first album fucking rocks, along with selected tracks. I would definitely say I prefer YES.

I would recommend revisting Jimi Hendrix, and as for Priest; How the hell could you not be excited by a song like, say, Sinner? They definitely became a living comic book later, an often times enjoyable one, but man, in the 70's they were alarmingly relevant.
Picked up Unleashed In The East today, so I hope to get myself into old priest.
As far as Zeppelin, they imitated blues artists to the point of actual plagiarism resulting in lawsuits, but w/e.

I forgot a ton. Seconding MA, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Sodom, etc.

Obviously, I only listen to Rush's hits. I prefer Yes. But Yes's lyrics make no sense at all. And Rush's lyrics are great from what I've heard.
Somebody who idolizes the philosophy of Charlie Manson jeopardizes the validity of his comments with regard to lyrics.
And prog rock lyrics are all pretty much ridiculous.

Early Genesis lyrics up to and including "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" are excellent in every way. Peter Gabriel was brilliant in writing pieces that reflected multiple levels of society, class-ism and the absurd.