Power metal with balls

Pyrus said:
^That.

Metal Church fucking rules, and if you haven't seen them live then I urinate on the grave of your metalness.

Seriously, they rule live, and I expect great things from the new album.

Not all of us are from San Fransisco. :bah: :(

Jean-Pierre said:
If not Spectre Within, you must consider Awaken The Guardian to be a Power Metal release. It is similar in every way to the melody of Crimson Glory or the insane riffwork of Ample Destruction. It also has the greatest Power Ballad ever written, "Guardian". :headbang:
Were you referring to my post? Well, "Guardian" is definitely an excellent song and if you want to call it a power ballad, you´re free to do so. However, I fail to see why I "must" consider "Awaken The Guardian" a power metal release. To my ears, it sounds very different from Jag Panzer´s "Ample Destruction", which has definitely a heavier and more powerful sound. Call it whatever you will - it has absolutely no effect on the quality of the music itself. (And it seems we don´t disagree on the latter.)

Burkhard said:
(And it seems we don´t disagree on the latter.)

Oh, by no means. When I say Ample Destruction, I'm talking solely about the riffwork of the album - it's there, sometimes a bit more thrashy, but there. Yet I still have to ask, what do you consider the album to be?

Pyrus said:
Metal Church is doing a full US tour to support Weight of the World in...uh...sometime. They just did a dozen or so dates, but they were mostly Western USA.

But you East Coast fags get Overkill. So you can die.

Yeah, but I just moved up to Detroit. I'M ON NO COAST. :cry:

Oh well, it was worse in Georgia.

Pyrus said:
But you East Coast fags get Overkill. So you can die.
Overkill is one horrible piece of shit. I think my boss has made me listen to I Hear Black two hundred million times and it never gets any better than barely listenable. FUCK,I say.

AjDeath said:
Overkill is one horrible piece of shit. I think my boss has made me listen to I Hear Black two hundred million times and it never gets any better than barely listenable. FUCK,I say.

That's their worst album, fuckface, not to mention the only below-average album in their ENTIRE CATALOGUE. You're talking about one of the greatest Thrash bands of all time.

Jean-Pierre said:
That's their worst album, fuckface, not to mention the only below-average album in their ENTIRE CATALOGUE. You're talking about one of the greatest Thrash bands of all time.
Do you seriously think I haven't heard any of their other shit? Shut the fuck up, and douche your brain. I listen to metal not fucking carnival music.

And overkill is horrible, their vocalist gives me tourettes.

Riding the wind on a stormy night
Rides a mother's son to take your life.
They say he died ten years ago
But the list of victims seems to grow.
Like father like son the Bible read
Three sixes brand the top of his head
Never heard, seen then too late,
Overkill, seals your fate!!!

Anyway, shall we get back on topic?

It seems that the situation is reversed now. How pleasant. I find that Blut Aus Nord is trite, and has limited musical value.