Aggressive Power Metal Bands...

eternityablaze

New Metal Member
Apr 11, 2006
I am looking for some aggressive power metal. Possibly more power metal bands with blast beats. Along time ago I heard Dragonforce on random on my cd player and "Heart of a Dragon" played. When the song started my attention was grabbed by their amazing melodic speedy instrumentals, but nothing could prepare me for what I heard near the end of the song, blast beats. When I heard this, "Heart of a Dragon" sky rocketed to one of my favorite songs of all times. After hearing this song, I had high hopes that maybe Dragonforces next album would have more of these "short" blast beat additions, although I thought this was a very slim chance. Then...

Again, Dragonforce blew me away with Sonic Firestorm and now Inhuman Rampage. Dragonforce didn't have blast beats on one or two songs like I had hoped, but far surpassed my hopes and decorated them all over these albums. This in my book, has made them quite possibly one of the most aggressive power metal bands out to date.

Dragonforce is great, but I don't want to listen to them and them only, so now I have begun searching for other "aggressive" power metal bands. Basically power metal bands with blast beats, and maybe even a little harsh vocals (not too much though!)

In my search I found Kiuas and have been blown away with thier release of "The Spirit of Ukko". Dragonforce has a certain type of blast beat that is great and all, but Kiuas's style of blast beat is my favorite! (the basic black metal blast beat found in bands like Dimmu Borgir). So now, I have two great aggressive power metal bands to listen to. Don't want to stop there though! Lets continue the search!

Through lots and lots of searching I have found a few promising bands, that may in the future be what I'm looking. Basically, they are what Dragonforce was on the "Valley of the Damned": still experimenting and just happened to throw a small blast beat in the mix. One of these bands include "Dreamaker" on the "Enclosed" album. (This band has the ex-vocalist of Dark Moor) Check out the song "Perfect Soul" Thats some freaking great blast beats! Unfortunately its only in the first few seconds of the song

Adding blast beats to power metal makes things a whole hell of a lot more interesting!!!!!

Anyways, before this post gets too long and too windy, if it hasn't already, I am looking for more bands like this, more aggressive power metal bands. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Abattoir
Agent Steel
Arctic Flame
Attacker
Axemaster
Cauldron Born
Cities
Deadly Blessing
Destiny's End
Distant Thunder
Exxplorer
Fates Warning
Fifth Angel
Gargoyle
Gothic Knights
Hammerwitch
Heathen's Rage
Heir Apparent
Helstar
Hexx
Ignitor
Iron Cross
Kryst The Conqueror
LIEGE LORD
Lizzy Borden
Magus Beast
Malakis Reign
Malice
Manilla Road (though that's really pigeonholing...)
Manowar
Medieval
Medieval Steel
Meliah Rage
Metal FUCKING Church
Mystik
Nasty Savage
Nightcrawler
Obsession
Onward
Original Sin
OVERLORDE
Ravage
Raven Bitch
Realm
Reverend
Riot
Ritual
S. A. Slayer
Sanctuary
Satan's Host
Savage Grace
Savatage
Seven Witches
Slauter Xstroyes
Titan Force
Villan

HERE FAGGOT YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THIS IF YOU WENT TO THE RIGHT THREAD

Thank you for the suggestions Dodens and Krig. I will definitely try out some of those bands.

Also, thanks for your nice little comment at the end Dodens. I really respect you and all your opinions now. Especially coming from a forum troll like you who sits at his desk and reads and memorizes this forum every day of life. You are great.

Oh and forgive me for not checking the "27 paged long recommendations thread" Figured quick answers would be better than reading all that.

Shut the fuck up. I did you a favor. I don't see the point in "memorizing this forum" anyway. What the hell do you think I'm "memorizing?" And yes, I am great. Now go the fuck away and don't come back.

Centvrion
Scavenger
Predator

I don't think they have blastbeats very often (if at all), but they don't have that light hearted sound that typical power metal bands have; they are more aggressive.

eternityablaze said:
Thank you for the suggestions Dodens and Krig. I will definitely try out some of those bands.

Also, thanks for your nice little comment at the end Dodens. I really respect you and all your opinions now. Especially coming from a forum troll like you who sits at his desk and reads and memorizes this forum every day of life. You are great.

Oh and forgive me for not checking the "27 paged long recommendations thread" Figured quick answers would be better than reading all that.
paddy loves it my man:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :kickass: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Smokin: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iced Earth-night of the stormrider. I consider this release power/thrash. The album does not have blast beats but some of the most aggressive gallop riffs i've heard someone play on a guitar.

I should have probably stayed out of this thread because who has not heard this album ha, and it's probably not the power metal this persons looking for.

Jon Shaffer could have been james hetfields brother!

Shah > Iced Earth. Too bad Beware is impossible to find under $50 from my experience.

I can't wait to download some songs from shah 'beware' tomorrow, that is if I can even find mp3s.