what's this sudden distaste for blastbeats?

Christie_fell said:
But what Blade Golem and the others are saying is that, at that certain point in time, it WAS possible that they enjoyed those bands; however, their tastes in music have progressed (or degressed) since their earlier metal phases. Therefore, they may own three to five albums of a certain band, although they may not necessarily like the music anymore.

</end offtopic rambling> + </rapes everyone with a spoon>

i wouldnt say their tastes progressed, but changed. It is possible, but you cant mjust say they suck because you in fact did get satisfaction out of them.

EternalMetal said:
i wouldnt say their tastes progressed, but changed. It is possible, but you cant mjust say they suck because you in fact did get satisfaction out of them.

Christie essentially hit my point on the head, so I don't feel the need to explain it again. As for not being able to say they suck, since we used to enjoy them....what the fuck are you on, right now? :err:

You can like a band because you haven't heard anything better, then over time as you're exposed to better music realize "Hey, they suck.", even if you a few albums from them. I've dubbed this "Limp Bizkit syndrome". Keep in mind, I'm not pointing a finger at Opeth or any other specific band for that matter (Aside from the obvious reference...), so there's no need to get defensive about Opeth, assuming you were going to.

Keep in mind that the quality of the band is subjective and varies from person to person. Just because somebody says that Opeth sucks does not mean that they're saying that you're wrong for liking them. It's just saying they don't like Opeth, and it doesn't really affect you in any way. So there's no reason to complain about someone saying Opeth sucks unless it's aimed toward you for your enjoyment of their music.

Dodens Grav said:
Keep in mind that the quality of the band is subjective and varies from person to person. Just because somebody says that Opeth sucks does not mean that they're saying that you're wrong for liking them. It's just saying they don't like Opeth, and it doesn't really affect you in any way. So there's no reason to complain about someone saying Opeth sucks unless it's aimed toward you for your enjoyment of their music.
I've already told you that I love you, haven't I?

Christie_fell said:
</rapes everyone with a spoon>
That would've been my job...

Blade Golem said:
You can like a band because you haven't heard anything better, then over time as you're exposed to better music realize "Hey, they suck.", even if you a few albums from them. I've dubbed this "Limp Bizkit syndrome". Keep in mind, I'm not pointing a finger at Opeth or any other specific band for that matter (Aside from the obvious reference...), so there's no need to get defensive about Opeth, assuming you were going to.

well, its all about changing tastes. sometimes your tastes change when you hear new music. i just hate how people agree about hating bands so much. Its all about what your ears like, and forums are about what the masses think. Its just a little annoying. fuck it, i cant type, i drank too much, but i feel good :) so excuse my posts most of the time. I mostly post on the internet only when im on drugs anyway, or at school. So i forget half of my posts. :D

well, off to my caculus homework :yuk: