what's this sudden distaste for blastbeats?

Pyrus said:
Guhhhh...I'm sorry, man, but Machine Head is contrary to everything the Inquisition stands for. It'll take a mighty feat of troll-battling and/or poseur-crushing to overcome that, Dream Theater and Fear Factory.
Meh...

Did I mention that Daviidan is their best song, and that I find much of BME lacking?

I only mentioned Dream Theater because I thought Pull Me Under and The Glass Prison were accepted by the Inquisition.

Have any of you heard Demanufacture? That album had plenty of thrash elements to it. FF > YOU

;)

The word poseur means little to me. I'm all for subjectivity, and right to do whatever.

I've battled many a troll. You thought GOATSE was bad? Wait till you see what happened to Org and Beldin...total anal dehabilitation. And I used a spoon defenstration.

At the risk of sounding like a sore loser, I included those bands on purpose.

Naggamanteh said:
That was actually one of the better things he said, why are you bitching? :)

This is the second stupidest thing I've ever heard. Please tell me you were kidding.

We all have shit we're not exactly proud of. I personally have Opeth's entire catalogue up to and including Deliverance. :)

I can't remember the last time I listened to Opeth, but I still have the albums...

Opeth blows donkeys.

Bear in mind, Erik, that that post is a year old and deals with albums that blew his mind AT THE TIME. I mean, ReLoad blew me away when I first heard it because it was so far above and beyond everything else I had heard (mallcore, mostly.) Context is important.

But Chaos A.D. is pretty bad.

If I think back to which Opeth album I have fondest memories of, My Arms Your Hearse wins hands down, with Morningrise just behind.

Effigy of the Forgotten bores me, I used to quite like it but meh..

EternalMetal said:
oh, now its cool to hate Opeth. Damn, i love this forum.

Will you get the fuck over that "everyone is an elitist, it's cool to hate x band because I like them" phase, plz? It's getting so old and I can't believe people are still sensitive to bashing of their favorite bands. This is metal. Without "elitists", it is no fun at all.

I don't hate Opeth. I never said I did. I just don't care to listen to them any time soon.

I don't mind single kicks, but i can't stand black metal with grind drumming.

Even when I listen to a band I generally like, Cartilage most recently, it dawns on me how determined they were to add a blast section. When it hits, I just roll my eyes at the tediousness of the forumula and wait for the song to go on from its low point.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Will you get the fuck over that "everyone is an elitist, it's cool to hate x band because I like them" phase, plz? It's getting so old and I can't believe people are still sensitive to bashing of their favorite bands. This is metal. Without "elitists", it is no fun at all.

No, seriously. I read a thread a little while ago and Opeth was mentioned and i didnt see a one bad thing. I heard of a lot of people giving props to how well Mikael is as a musician. Now i come to this thread and everyone acts like they are ashamed to own 3 or 4 of their albums. Sorry, but if you didnt like them you wouldnt have 4 albums. Im just having a tough time understanding how you can go about liking someones music one second, and because one of the cool people on the forum bash them, you go about saying about how you dont care for them and shit. I dont give a shit if people here diss CoB anymore, its just the thing you guys do and you dont like their music. you think its cheesy, i get it.

EternalMetal said:
No, seriously. I read a thread a little while ago and Opeth was mentioned and i didnt see a one bad thing. I heard of a lot of people giving props to how well Mikael is as a musician. Now i come to this thread and everyone acts like they are ashamed to own 3 or 4 of their albums. Sorry, but if you didnt like them you wouldnt have 4 albums. Im just having a tough time understanding how you can go about liking someones music one second, and because one of the cool people on the forum bash them, you go about saying about how you dont care for them and shit. I dont give a shit if people here diss CoB anymore, its just the thing you guys do and you dont like their music. you think its cheesy, i get it.

It's quite possible to buy an album and like it at the time, then have your tastes in music change later on. I can damn well guarantee that there are some people here that own nu-metal albums from bands they use to like, but hate now. Just because an album is in your collection doesn't mean you like it.

Blade Golem said:
It's quite possible to buy an album and like it at the time, then have your tastes in music change later on. I can damn well guarantee that there are some people here that own nu-metal albums from bands they use to like, but hate now. Just because an album is in your collection doesn't mean you like it.

I totally agree

Blade Golem said:

i've got over 1700 albums on my computer and i probably listen to maybe 100 of them on a regular basis (i've got an mp3 player in my car).

i'm also one of those people that has a bunch of numetal stuff. i still listen to it sometimes because i'm not always in the mood to listen to real metal. before i listened to "extreme metal" i was into numetal. i still like those bands but don't listen to them too often.

it all depends on my mood. if you look at my collection of music you'l find just about every genre except for that trance stuff and "ethnic" music.

my main love is metal, but i can't listen to it all the time. over 1000 of my albums on my computer are metal and the rest are all kinds of other stuff.

i'm drunk and rambling so i'm just going to shut up now.

Lykathea said:
I enjoy all of my first metal albums, but then, I started on Iron Maiden and 'flower' power metal, which most metalheads have at least a bit of respect for. I've never grown out of any old musical tastes, just added new ones...

You misunderstand what I meant, I think. I'm saying that your situation isn't the case like EVERYBODY like he's claiming. Do you have at least one or two albums in your collection that you bought thinking they'd be great, then found out they were terrible, so you shelved them and haven't listened to them much, since? I'm pretty sure most people do, but according to what he's saying, if you own those albums you MUST enjoy them.

Blade Golem said:
You misunderstand what I meant, I think. I'm saying that your situation isn't the case like EVERYBODY like he's claiming. Do you have at least one or two albums in your collection that you bought thinking they'd be great, then found out they were terrible, so you shelved them and haven't listened to them much, since? I'm pretty sure most people do, but according to what he's saying, if you own those albums you MUST enjoy them.

No, im not saying that. Im saying that if you have 3 or 4 of a bands albums you really would be a fan. Something would have made you buy more cds from that band. You wouldnt go, hmm, im goint to see if i like Band X. You buy their cd, it sucks. So then you go back to the store and go, duh, ill try and see if i like Band X, again. But you still dont like it. So then again the next time you go to the store you decide to pick up the new Band X album to see if you like it. Again, same results, it sucks.

But what Blade Golem and the others are saying is that, at that certain point in time, it WAS possible that they enjoyed those bands; however, their tastes in music have progressed (or degressed) since their earlier metal phases. Therefore, they may own three to five albums of a certain band, although they may not necessarily like the music anymore.

</end offtopic rambling> + </rapes everyone with a spoon>