power metal?

Do you honestly think that technical means good? As in, as long as it is technical, it is invariably good? In that case, I understand where you're coming from, and I'll make a note not to take into consideration any of your opinions regarding music ever.

Necuratul said:
Do you honestly think that technical means good? As in, as long as it is technical, it is invariably good? In that case, I understand where you're coming from, and I'll make a note not to take into consideration any of your opinions regarding music ever.

Again, as I said I would never take into consideration anything you say about music, I made it clear a long time ago that I don't have any respect for your opinion at all, whatsoever. So quit will you.

Necuratul said:
I actually wasn't being an asshole, so fuck off.

To me, you didn't come off as being "an asshole", so I think I can agree with the rest of that sentence.

'Flower metal' is a term used to describe a certain sort of power, though it can be used as a derogatory name for all power metal. It's meaning probably doesn't have a widely agreed on and accepted definition we can refer to, as the phrase hasn't been around long enough/used enough for a particular meaning to solidify and rise from the rest, so it varies between individuals. For some, it may mean particularly 'happy' power, for others it might mean watered down/week stuff. And I'm sure there are plenty more.

I like power metal. I don't care what the band dresses up in, I don't have to look at them to hear their music. What matters most to me is whether or not I can gain enjoyment or whatever from music, not what others think of it. I may not have heard much of it (due to monetary constrates, mostly), and I may not excel at judging music properly; but as long as I can tell whether or not I get something from listening to whatever, that should be enough.

Make choices based on what YOU like, not what a load of theoretical other people say you should like. Don't discard and ignore it completely, but the main deciding factor should be you.

I'd better stop before I bloat any more sentences/paragraphs/etc. Hope my point isn't lost in it all :p.

Once I saw a video clip by a band called Hammerheart to their song "Blood Bound" (I think so), and from that moment I knew that power metal is the most gayish metal genre ever.

(M)aggoT said:
Once I saw a video clip by a band called Hammerheart to their song "Blood Bound" (I think so), and from that moment I knew that power metal is the most gayish metal genre ever.

That would have been Hammerfall, from their album 'Chapter V; Unbent, Unbound, Unbroken' (I think I got about right).

Out of the two albums of their's I have (that one and 'Renegade'), I prefer Renegade. I don't listen to CVUUU often, and I don't really like it much.

P.S. I've only paid for one of them, I'll let you guess which.

(M)aggoT said:

You just summed up the Flower metal argument perfectly.

'Flower metal' is a term used to describe a certain sort of power, though it can be used as a derogatory name for all power metal. It's meaning probably doesn't have a widely agreed on and accepted definition we can refer to, as the phrase hasn't been around long enough/used enough for a particular meaning to solidify and rise from the rest, so it varies between individuals. For some, it may mean particularly 'happy' power, for others it might mean watered down/week stuff. And I'm sure there are plenty more.

I like power metal. I don't care what the band dresses up in, I don't have to look at them to hear their music. What matters most to me is whether or not I can gain enjoyment or whatever from music, not what others think of it. I may not have heard much of it (due to monetary constrates, mostly), and I may not excel at judging music properly; but as long as I can tell whether or not I get something from listening to whatever, that should be enough.

Make choices based on what YOU like, not what a load of theoretical other people say you should like. Don't discard and ignore it completely, but the main deciding factor should be you.
Very well said. Bravo!