The Power metal thread

Worrying would be an utterly retarded way of describing it. That implies that I actually care and that my responses are invoked by some sort of inner necessity to defend or rebut something that attacks my worldview. In reality, it's just me wasting my time responding to stupid people. No, I'm not "worrying."

oh ok

This is what happens when you make a power metal thread on a forum primarily made up of black/death metal fans. Let's all just sing a Freedom Call song and be friends.

Yeah, except the argument had nothing to do with power metal (or black or death metal for that matter).

Which is a bad thing how?

I can't tell if you're making fun of Kamelot, or if you're just saying that being underground isn't a bad thing. If it's the former, shame.

However, I actually disagree about their underground status; if anything, Kamelot is larger now than they ever have been. Ghost Opera has not been as widely accepted as their previous efforts, but the album they released before Ghost Opera (The Black Halo) really catapulted them into the spotlight. I think they're still enjoying fairly wide recognition in the pantheon of modern metal.

^Well, yeah. I mean, a lot more people have heard of Kamelot now than ever before, and I also have a couple friends who dislike power metal but have really begun to dig Kamelot since they released The Black Halo. Most of them just love the song March of Mephisto (I think they love that Shagrath is in the song). But still, I think that they're more widely known and loved now than ever before. Ghost Opera may have alienated some people, but I know that they still hold out hope for the next album.

tbh avoid most Helloween but the Keepers of the Seven Keys Part II has a lot of their big hits on it...and as for Gamma Ray, I have like 6 albums and none are bad. I think Powerplant might be their best.