Aggressive Power Metal Bands...

earthwormzim said:
cause people to stop coming to this site. And for what? What is the fucking point?

the point is that there are about 20 or 25 people here who know each other fairly well and have been on the board for at least a couple years, and then there are 37 thousand faggots who know shit about fuck and don't really matter.

group A, as a whole, represents the most "musically aware" of the people posting here. their opinions are usually quite educated, and their message board skillz are tip-top. there are a few people who've joined in the last 6 months that have also quickly become mainstays of the board, mainly by forming some sort of personal relationship with the veterans and not having douchey fucking opinions about why they think Children Of Bodom rulezzorz or whatever.

group B, as a whole, is ignorant, spastic, and whiny.

if the board only consisted of those maybe 30 or so people, they'd probably get along just fine since they account for 80% of the posts anyway.

SO

the point is to stop fucking obnoxious turds from coming to the board. everyone's opinion is not equally valid. some people's opinions are fucking pathetic. they contribute nothing to the board beyond giving us someone to shit on for our own personal amusement. THEY DON'T NEED TO BE HERE ANYWAY.

FUCK

THE

FUCKING

N00BZ!!

earthwormzim said:
Don't Sunday drivers piss you off? Someone driving 30 in a 45 zone should be shot, hung, and bled dry (well, that was my opinion way back when I had problems prioritizing my concerns). Nonetheless, I still hate that shit, as I'm sure the rest of you do. But, unfortunately, you can't do anything about it.

But, since then, I've come to terms with my irrational hate for Sunday drivers. They are everywhere, and I'm powerless to do anything about it. I mean, I suppose I could intrude on their lives by following them to their destination and bitching and moaning to them about why they shouldn't drive slowly, as they do. But, I'm not so much of a panzy.

Eh...apparently the cops don't even seem to mind, so the only conclusion I can draw is that it is not that big of an issue. Oh well. To continue worrying about an issue so miniscule would be a lesson in chasing my own tail.

That reminds me so god damn much of my boyfriend.

^ Go Grimace!

You're the only one that takes me seriously. If you actually think that I as a person hate 15 year old children because they make a thread that they shouldn't make, then you're taking the internet too seriously, plain and simple. All the points you're making about me are unfounded and only serve to show just how little you know about me, this forum, and the internet in general. So stop wasting your time. Also, there are no moderators here, so yeah, I'd say they don't care. Der. I like to have fun from time to time by yelling at stupid people though. It's natural. Move on. You type a lot of information, but in the long run, you really don't wind up saying anything.

Teh Grimarse said:
the point is that there are about 20 or 25 people here who know each other fairly well and have been on the board for at least a couple years, and then there are 37 thousand faggots who know shit about fuck and don't really matter.

group A, as a whole, represents the most "musically aware" of the people posting here. their opinions are usually quite educated, and their message board skillz are tip-top. there are a few people who've joined in the last 6 months that have also quickly become mainstays of the board, mainly by forming some sort of personal relationship with the veterans and not having douchey fucking opinions about why they think Children Of Bodom rulezzorz or whatever.

if the board only consisted of those maybe 30 or so people, they'd probably get along just fine since they account for 80% of the posts anyway.

SO

the point is to stop fucking obnoxious turds from coming to the board. everyone's opinion is not equally valid. some people's opinions are fucking pathetic. they contribute nothing to the board beyond giving us someone to shit on for our own personal amusement. THEY DON'T NEED TO BE HERE ANYWAY.

FUCK

THE

FUCKING

N00BZ!!
Damn, you're one sad fuck! "Most Musically Aware"? :lol: :lol: :lol:
GET
A
FUCKING
LIFE
!!!

See, I can type reeeeeeeal big too, you fucking clown.

P.S. I see that Dodens "G-String" Grav is still as much of a little faggot as always. Keep up the good work!

Teh Grimarse said:

How cute, a personal relationship with a veteran. That is something to be truly desired!

Sort of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

So, Teh Grimarse, tell me if I'm understanding you correctly...

...this forum's purpose is not to be a public forum where anyone, worldwide, can post ideas/thoughts/comments on metal that they like (even if it is just a few posts, and not 10.000.000.000 posts, averaging 432 posts per day...you know...the people whose lives aren't completely enveloped by posting on some forum for years at a time); rather, it is a private forum for you and your little 25 person fuck ring to verbally make love to eachother and remind eachother how superior and super grim and kvlt you are...all whilst calling everyone else gay.

Is that it?

Teh Grimarse said:

SO

FUCK

THE

FUCKING

N00BZ!!
I got mentioned! Yay! I agree here. The noobs are mainly used fo amusment by the more experienced members. Like the dude who loved Korn. How long did he last? There are more threads made by teh noobz than by anyone with any experience. In the past week especially there have been a huge influx of noobs who start threads out of nowhere. And how many of those were good threads? I think that they should have to have 100+ posts before being able to post a new thread. That way, they can be wducated on how bad we will rip on the thread and think twice before posting it.

The douchebaggery in here is fucking hilarious.

Yes, this is a topic that might have been covered...

...and...?

Back on topic, yeah, check out a bitchen band called Imagika. The drummer in this band is fucking mindblowing, sounds like another lead instrument. Imagika, shitty name, awesome music, it balances.

Imp! said:
The douchebaggery in here is fucking hilarious.

Yes, this is a topic that might have been covered...

...and...?

Back on topic, yeah, check out a bitchen band called Imagika. The drummer in this band is fucking mindblowing, sounds like another lead instrument. Imagika, shitty name, awesome music, it balances.

Most intellegnet post by I n00b I've seen in a while.
And btw, I have too many posts to be a "n00b", but I don't consider myself to be in this little click that Grimarse speaks of. I'm here for one reason: cheap entertainment. And hell, once in a while I get exposed to some cool new music, so it's not a bad deal. I can deal with getting flamed and trolled, and as a matter of fact, I enjoy doing the same. I will actually admit to being a troll, because I don't really know any of you people, so if I hurt your feelings or simply annoy you, I don't give a fuck. This doesn't mean I harbor any animosity to anyone, I'm just indifferent - I mean, seriously, how can I have any strong feelings about anyone that I've only spoken to through a computer monitor?

eternityablaze said:
I am looking for some aggressive power metal. Possibly more power metal bands with blast beats. Along time ago I heard Dragonforce on random on my cd player and "Heart of a Dragon" played. When the song started my attention was grabbed by their amazing melodic speedy instrumentals, but nothing could prepare me for what I heard near the end of the song, blast beats. When I heard this, "Heart of a Dragon" sky rocketed to one of my favorite songs of all times. After hearing this song, I had high hopes that maybe Dragonforces next album would have more of these "short" blast beat additions, although I thought this was a very slim chance. Then...

Again, Dragonforce blew me away with Sonic Firestorm and now Inhuman Rampage. Dragonforce didn't have blast beats on one or two songs like I had hoped, but far surpassed my hopes and decorated them all over these albums. This in my book, has made them quite possibly one of the most aggressive power metal bands out to date.

Dragonforce is great, but I don't want to listen to them and them only, so now I have begun searching for other "aggressive" power metal bands. Basically power metal bands with blast beats, and maybe even a little harsh vocals (not too much though!)

In my search I found Kiuas and have been blown away with thier release of "The Spirit of Ukko". Dragonforce has a certain type of blast beat that is great and all, but Kiuas's style of blast beat is my favorite! (the basic black metal blast beat found in bands like Dimmu Borgir). So now, I have two great aggressive power metal bands to listen to. Don't want to stop there though! Lets continue the search!

Through lots and lots of searching I have found a few promising bands, that may in the future be what I'm looking. Basically, they are what Dragonforce was on the "Valley of the Damned": still experimenting and just happened to throw a small blast beat in the mix. One of these bands include "Dreamaker" on the "Enclosed" album. (This band has the ex-vocalist of Dark Moor) Check out the song "Perfect Soul" Thats some freaking great blast beats! Unfortunately its only in the first few seconds of the song

Adding blast beats to power metal makes things a whole hell of a lot more interesting!!!!!

Anyways, before this post gets too long and too windy, if it hasn't already, I am looking for more bands like this, more aggressive power metal bands. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

I can't advise bands, but if you go on google, and type 'Dave's progressive metal'. You might find something there...:erk:

earthwormzim said:
So, Teh Grimarse, tell me if I'm understanding you correctly...

...this forum's purpose is not to be a public forum where anyone, worldwide, can post ideas/thoughts/comments on metal that they like (even if it is just a few posts, and not 10.000.000.000 posts, averaging 432 posts per day...you know...the people whose lives aren't completely enveloped by posting on some forum for years at a time); rather, it is a private forum for you and your little 25 person fuck ring to verbally make love to eachother and remind eachother how superior and super grim and kvlt you are...all whilst calling everyone else gay.

Is that it?

Actually, you have a good point. Shall we just agree that you don't like each other and move on? Personally, I don't think the "veterans" *muffled laughter* have the moratorium on good opinions. TBH, several of them don't have any opinions on metal, but would rather discuss non-metal bands anyway (despite the non-metal forum four boards down).

What opinion on metal would you like to offer?

Most of the 'veterans' spent three or four years discussing metal on this board when it was a lot better than it is now, if they want to discuss non-metal then I'll listen to what they say because I've had lots of good recommendations off them in the past.

Well, if we're excepting obvious trolls I don't have any names left, do I?
To name them would be to open myself up to weeks of tiresome flaming mate. If you're really that interested, PM me.

The only ones I can think of are Lyle and Polarity (Spectacular Views) who I'm sure would both happily admit that they go on about non-metal bands so much partly to annoy pure metalheads, but they have both mentioned metal bands recently so I think you are exaggerating the problem a bit.