Power metal with balls

River Dragon has BRILLIANT fucking leads, but the main riff is pretty lame. MONOTONE POUNDING-ANNOYING DIMEBAG DARREL SHRIEKING! DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN - EEEEE-EEEE-EEE-EEEEEE!

Still, the leads and Warrel's vocals make that song good. And I wil say that the DHIADW shit sounds way better live.

Oh man that one line...what was it...

OH YES!

IN THA MASS DES-TRUK-SHUN! THE BRINGAH SHOWS HIS *queue falsetto of death* FOOOOOOOOOOOORM! TEK-NAW-LUH-JEE THA BEAST! THA SEVENTH CRAWWWWWWN!

Oh my god I forgot how awesome that song is. And yeah the leads own.

W3rd.

By the way, awesome thread.

actually recommend Elvenking. At first listen, they might seem like a pansy fairy band, but there's some real folksy spirit behind their riffs and melodies, not to mention sick death vocals on some songs as accompaniment. Oh, and no operatics. The guys can barely sing. It really adds to the elvish feel of the music. No "skipping through wildflowers" monotone double bass, either.

Skelator's singer actually sounds kinda like James Rivera, who sang in Helstar, which is of course one of the greatest power metal bands ever. They're working on an EP as we speak (well, it's 11 AM, on a Monday so they're probably at their day jobs, but you know what I mean). The tracks I've heard are all studio rehearsal so it's hard to hear the leads real well, but they sound good.

Elvenking, you say? I'll believe it when I hear it. *makes note to self*

Elvenking have TERRIBLE death vocals, but they have a pretty cool break near the end of the song 'Skywards' that showcases some good vocals.

And I agree their riffage, at least on Heathenreel, is very good.

Seven Witches are some true metal... they aint ashamed to put in the crazy high pitched vocals, but it all sounds good and the riffs are just metal as fuck.

Suidakra is some kickass folk mellow death (not Powermetal but nevermind).

Nevermore's best album IMO is Politics of ectstacy, however my favourite song is Deconstruction (from dreaming neon black). Vocals are mint riffs are mint... solos are mint.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
They have no balls.

Comparing Manowar to Hammerfall gives you brain cancer. Manowar rules and certainly does have balls (sure they have a handful of horrible ballads, but the rest owns), and Hammerfall is annoying and soulless poseur Metal.

EDIT: Seven Witches certainly does rule, especially since they obtained James Rivera to man the vocal helm.