IRON MAN... YES!!!!

SueNC

Southern born, metal bred
Dec 13, 2004

i'm an old school Marvel comics fan and Iron Man was one of my favorite characters.
i saw the trailer last night for the upcoming Iron Man movie [May of this year] and it looks pretty cool.

:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome. I wonder if it'll have the side story of Stark being a drunk like in the comics.

i suspect that if it doesnt outright address it, it will be heavily alluded to. one scene in the trailer shows Stark walking past the soldiers there in the desert, raising a glass and saying, 'to peace!'
who takes a glass of liquor into the desert?? this is obviously somebody that takes their drink seriously.

Na na nanana, nananananana nanana!

I thought The Hulk was okay. The X-men movies were overrated but Famke Janssen looks better the older she gets. I had some hopes for the last Punisher one but they didn´t use the stuff that made Garth Ennis version so great.

Hope they never turn "Preacher" into a big Hollywood gayfest.

I like that they hired Downey to play Stark, let one douchebag play another!

Yeah. A majour drug addict should have no problem emulating an alcoholic!

I used to have a subscription to three comics: Iron Man, Captain America, and Fantastic Four. They'd better get THIS ONE right. They've already fucked up the other two beyond repair...

Jurched

Yeah. A majour drug addict should have no problem emulating an alcoholic!

I used to have a subscription to three comics: Iron Man, Captain America, and Fantastic Four. They'd better get THIS ONE right. They've already fucked up the other two beyond repair...

Jurched

well, it looks pretty good, so far, so i'm holding out hope that this will be the best comic book movie, yet.

well, it looks pretty good, so far, so i'm holding out hope that this will be the best comic book movie, yet.

I think this one could at least be a hell of a lot better than most. mainly because Stark seems to be a douchebag. I haven´t read Iron Man since I was a kid but from what I understand Stark is a more realistic charachter than most others like Captain America and X-men. He´s a drunk and trats other people like trash - just like I think a person with his abilites would.

With that in mind. It´s probably easier to make a movie that doesn´t make you cringe - both people who like the comic and someone who just wants to kill two hours.