Iron Monkey DVD

AshDLS

Huh?
Aug 16, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I was just reading some old stuff about Iron Monkey, including an article written shortly after Johnny Morrow's death. There was mention of him and Earache trying to put together an Iron Monkey DVD for us sludge freaks who never had the opportunity to see them live, although the idea was shelved after he passed away. I've just been wondering why that is, and whether it's still possibly on the cards? I mean, of course, the live/rarities disc has been released since but I reckon it'd pale in comparison to actually being able to see them live onstage.

Anyway, just a thought, heh...

Johnny was round the Earache offices about 2 months before he died, with a stack of live VHS tapes which he played to them..it looked killer- included the first ever IM show and loads of on the road footage- the plan was to make a DVD especially for fans who never caught IM in a live setting. Monkey were simply stunning in their intensity on stage- unmatched by any band for years to come I doubt....After his death Earache didnt want to force the issue and dropped the idea.

Ah, I certainly can't blame Earache for not wanting to push the issue but it would've still been another fitting tribute. Being in Australia I didn't have a fucking chance of ever seeing IM unless I flew over to Europe, heh.