irrational fears

way to diss italians osmose why don't you take out the dominicans too while you're at it!

anyway, just get some potassium iodine and run dude.

When I'm at home (in North NJ, home of the mob), I feel like Agent Smith in the first Matrix. Their presence (The Italians) permeates everything and I feel filthy and out of place, being wholly un-italian and unable to claim I am related to anyone within 10 square miles of my house, unlike kids I know who live next to their cousins and down the street from their mother's brother who owns the gas station. If I hear one more greased-back hair-do sportin', BMW-drivin', shell-stuffin', razor thin garlic cuttin', Italian pride paradin', pinstripe suit wearin', Scarface-lovin' 18-year old whose been into the city twice to go to little Italy with his parents say "Fuhgetabotit" to bumping into me with his arms that he is spreading 6 inches away from his chest, regardless about his lack of overal muscle mass, I'm gonna snap and start cracking skulls.

i just tried to walk down to wholefoods on the corner and the police just gunned down this bike messenger who beat up another messenger last week, who was then dumb enough to try to come back for his paycheck with a gun.
i'm like 'ohkkkayyy turning around and going back to work...'

Its more reverse racism, and I suppose its not against Italians in general so much as it is the people in my local community, with their nepotism and superiority complexes. That treatment made me develop contempt for them (the senior members of my community), so I suppose this anger stems from my disdain for authority. I have found that Italians from outside of my local community are great people that I enjoy the company of and respect greatly like my other roommate, Fred, and my teammate, Pete. Both of them, capital gentlemen.

stepping on cracks.

i'm so afraid that one day blades will come out from every crack. i guess i'm just scared of hurting my feet. i pretty much hate everybody elses feet, but i don't want mine to get hurt.

i always look down when i walk to make sure i don't step on cracks and i run into a lot of stuff like signs, people, trees, etc etc...

Whenever I'm on an airplane, I'm afraid there's something wrong, a bomb on board, etc. and the plane will explode/crash and everyone on board will die (including me). I had a few little panic attacks last time I was on a plane years ago. Dying doesn't bother me, but the thought of all the fear, pain, and turmoil connected with crashes makes me jittery.

A weirder kind of fear: that I'll be single forever/and or have the person I love leave me. Then I'll grow old, be alone, and no one will ever believe I was once beautiful and had some prospects...
even if everyone says these fears are unfounded.

when i was little i thought "the fuzz" was a legitimate name for the police. my mom explained it to me once when i heard it on a show but neglected to explain the concept of slang.

I often fear the idea of my will, personal space, and masculinity being broken down publicly in some sort of high-tension Straw Dogs type scenario. Or just really tense confrontations in general. Irrational? Probably.

i've always wondered about the nuke radiation posioning thing.

specifically, say you are outside of the blast/heat radius, but still fairly close to it. are all of the horrendous side-effects from the fallout going to be intensified?

i guess i don't have a good understanding of how the process works. if the radiation is coming from the fallout itself, then i would imagine the effects to be distributed sort of evenly across the landscape. but i would also blindly assume that there would also be massive waves of radioactive bullshit going on around the crater, too?

in any case, i wonder if you would die from accelerated poisoning if you lived, say, 20-30 miles out of the city... and say, would your hair and teeth fall out all at once, would your blood vessels just burst, etc etc

nix, a nuclear explosion of that magnitude probably wouldn't happen around here. actually, i'd say the chances are slim to none. bombs aren't as strong as people think they are. i'd think at that distance as long as you took a few radiation illness pills you'd be okay.