Is anyone else being a Twat today?

It's funny you should use that word. I was having a discussion with my folks a few nights ago as to the pronounciation and corresponding meaning of the word. My opinion is that when pronounced twuht as in "what" it means someone who is being silly or lacks common sense (e.g. "Get out of here you twat"), whereas when pronounced as in "that" it's another fine colloquialism from the same basket as pussy, snatch, honeypot, cooter and beaver (e.g. "Hey slag, show us yer twat!").

Thoughts?

It's funny you should use that word. I was having a discussion with my folks a few nights ago as to the pronounciation and corresponding meaning of the word. My opinion is that when pronounced twuht as in "what" it means someone who is being silly or lacks common sense (e.g. "Get out of here you twat"), whereas when pronounced as in "that" it's another fine colloquialism from the same basket as pussy, snatch, honeypot, cooter and beaver (e.g. "Hey slag, show us yer twat!").

Thoughts?
:lol:

So which one are you reffering to being Luke? :p

The difference between the pronunciation is purely based on accent (or emphasis i guess). I've heard differen't english blokes use different soundings for the same meaning. And it's a general purpose word like dickhead, which can be used in either of those contexts.

Thoughts?
Odd convo to have with you're folks but I think you have those two mixed up. T'what means vag and Tw'at means idiot, ive only heard Pommies use the word Tw'at though

:lol:

So which one are you reffering to being Luke? :p

Well i qualify for a bit of both, the cock holster and the idiot (now doesn't that sound like a great ballad)

I do agree with the points on pronunciation (not spelling obviously) however i think it should mean both and the definition can be decided by the situation as already floated by the learned people of this grand forum.