Is anyone's favorite band not Anthrax?

SICK OF IT ALL is my all-time favorite band.

Anthrax is easily one of my favorite thrash metal bands, depending on which part of their discography we're talking about.

Probably say pantera and anthrax were neck and neck for me at one stage but giving that anthrax are still going I'd have to go anthrax,don't listen to much pantera since dime bag got killed,can't explain it

Hard to say, Anthrax is definitely among my most favorite along with The Gathering, Darkthrone, In The Woods, Iron Maiden, Sentenced.

In my collection though, Anthrax is by (very) far the biggest band with 171 items!

from 1993 - 2000 Anthrax was my absolutely favorite band, i'm still in love with their first 6 albums up to 'White Noise' and Worship Music is also very enjoyable. Anthrax is still my favorite live-band and in my top 5 of alltime-favorite bands. i'm not sure which band i like more overall, Anthrax or Overkill, in the 80's Anthrax was superior to Overkill but since the mid-90's Blitz and DD Verni have been better songwriters than Ian/Benante and have put out many quality albums and have a way more consistent line-up and they never changed their singer in 30 years.

since 2000 my absolutely favorite band is Tourniquet, i knew of them before 2000 but 'Microscopic View Of A Telescopic Realm' was the first album i heard by them and through that listening experience they have become my favorite band and still are today, their new album is as Awesome as their previous ones.

Overkill have a way more consistent line-up?

:lol:

Not that Anthrax is the epitome of consistent, but........

I don't really have a favorite band. Guess I'm kind of weird like that.

Judging by your bands seen live so far (and this year only), I'm not surprised you don't have a favorite band. You play any musical instrument??

I don't think I really have an all time favorite band either. I like too many. I can listen to a record, loop it for days and then put it away and revisit later. I like hearing nuances I didn't pick up on before.
Anthrax were definitely my all time favorite band for many years. They inspired me to play music. They still do.

I'll tell you what, out of the big Four, they're my favorite by far. I've always liked Slayer but they don't make me go ape shit. Megadeth hasn't really put out anything special or memorable in years, not to mention Mustaine's voice is fkn shot. They're a nostalgia act now playing entire albums. Metallica is great and all but try taking away their pyro gigantic stage set and light show. And that forgettable collaboration they did with spoken word. On the other hand Joey is on his game, the band has never sounded tighter and they released a relevant enjoyable album.

Anthrax has always been my favouraite band since I discovered metal with State of Euphoria in 88.

No, I don't play. Although I did play guitar when I was in high school. I never got good at it since I have tiny little baby hands and carpal tunnel.:lol:

Reason why I asked was because of your diverse taste in all genre sube genres and eras of rock. Usually denotes musicianship. That or you like smoking the sweet leaf!

Anthrax was always one of my favorite bands, and from 1993-2005 they were my very favorite band. Or at least I thought they were, truth is I love too much stuff to have a very favorite band. I loved Pantera like crazy in the 90's as well as Machinehead and Life of Agony.

As I said I can't narrow down my very favorite.

Anthrax, Down, Clutch, Corrosion of Conformity, Mastodon, Opeth, Black Sabbath, Faith No More, Guns – n- Roses (NOT Axl's current lame version), Aerosmith (1970's era only), Deep Purple, Megadeth, Metallica (up until Load)...

too much stuff to narrow it down.

Anthrax Spreading The Disease, Among The Living, and Persistence of Time are up there for me.

However I would say Slayer and Testament are easily my favorite Thrash bands.