Is Aquiles Preister Still In Angra?

Well the rumor that I had heard many months ago... is that the cohesive unit known as "Angra", was no longer. Don't you think it is mighty suspicious that the second largest band to come out of Brasil, does not show a complete band list, nor even have an active website? It pains me, but I fear :(

I heard from a reliable source (from one of the members) that they are having all kinds of issues with their booking and management company. I think it has taking its toll on the band but from all accounts I hear they are still together,not sure about Aquiles though...

Bear

that dude on their top friends, Marcell Cardoso is a REALLY good drummer (better than Aquiles, IMO)... ahah I don't know if that means anything, but that's funny.

Aquiles and Rafael got into a pretty nasty fight.. and both the band and Aquiles have stated in some interviews that things aren't great between them...

I think it's safe to assume he's out of the band.

and there is a lawsuit going on as well.. the band and their management are going at it on the court...

I think it's safe to say that Angra is temporarily out of action for awhile, although I'm sure they'll be back. The two guitar players rebuilt the band after three members left, I'm sure if they have to they'll just do it again.

I hope they still exist. I just found out my favorite guitarist is a big fan of them, citing them above everyone else as his favorite band and one he wants to tour with. You probably don't know Versailles, but if they toured/played with Angra it would make my life! :lol:

I bet Aquiles left to do that recent Hangar album. He probably felt that Hangar would be a more consistent gig to work with and just opted to do that. I know they are taking a very long break as Rafael recently got married and the other members were working on their solo albums and solo tours. Their website was always shotty at best, especially the English version.

I imagine that they'll be recording within a year or so.