Is In Flames still melodeath?

Is In Flames still melodeath?

• Yes

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
People keep in mind that this is an evolved style of melodeath. Different (way different) than stuff like At The Gates and Paths Of Possession. Melodeath only because there's no better term, tbh. But for now, melodeath.

Evolution usually implies betterness :p Nah, JK...this is actually good compared to the last couple. Still has the really good harmonies, of course Anders sucks at vocals still, but I at least like the choruses better. I'll probably check this out. And yes it is melo-death for the most part. Modern rock influenced, yes, but Soilwork have been recently also (and they are better imo :p).

Man, this would be kickass if he screamed more harshly...damnit. Why am I cursed to enjoy this.

It doesn't matter what label you put on it. Only thing that matters is if it's good or not. And I don't really like it. The riffing is quite ok, but the choruses are way to generic and uninspired for my ears (it's like they're sticking to the same formula over and over). But that's been the same with them on every record after "Clayman".

It doesn't matter what label you put on it.
In the grand scheme of things, no, it really doesn't. But in terms of my epic battle with Uneasy Conscience, nothing could be more important.

Evolution usually implies betterness :p Nah, JK...
No need to apologize, I agree. They've gone way downhill. But this sounds way better than the last three. Actually excited to be seeing them now...
Anders sucks at vocals still
STILL?
As in, the last three?
He was a god on the Jester Race.

And yes it is melo-death for the most part.
Yeah...definitely elements of nu-metal, metalcore, etc, but the primary element is definitely melodeath.

Man, this would be kickass if he growled
FYP.

haha, i'm sorry. it just sounds like them is all. of course it's only a 30 second clip and i don't know in flamers at all.

i'm just messing...
but the sounds are pretty distinct.
anyhow, get Subterranean, thank me later.

nah, after that 30 seconds of a song there's just no way that band could be relevant to my interests. sorry for not liking your heroes

ps. i did vote for that they are melodic death for you, by the way. not that i care in the least bit. is that what you want us to call them? i'll call them raging thrashmaster death slam metal if you want. don't change my life any.