is it being wannabe for having alexis guitar?

is it being wannabe for having alexis guitar?

• yes

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • no

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • honestly i dont give a fuck if its signature or not

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • i think its cool to have one

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
I've got an Alexi signature, not because of Alexi, but because the shape looks badass and it sounds great. I really like the cutaway on the ESPs for the higher frets.
I have the EMG-ALX pickup but I bought that because I really wanted a lead tone like his because I think it sounds great, but to each their own. Since then I've revamped my lead tone, and just because I use the Laid to Rest tone on my Spider IV 30 almost religiously for my rhythms, does that mean Im a Lamb of God wannabe? No I just know what tones I like and what I want from them.
So in the end, it depends what you wanted the guitar for, if you wanted it for Alexi, then guess what your a wannabe, if you wanted it for the looks and feel, then your fine. I almost wish I would've never found it though because I can't play any other guitar shape anymore because of the different positions, so I'm stuck with it but I've got no problem with that.

I understand that most people here or some at least really like those guitars but in the end, the REASON you bought them is because you are/were a fan(boy).

Well it's not so simple. I think the Jackson RR24 looks really cool, but this ESP with the longer lower fin and the broad arrows looks ugly as fuck and I'd never buy it. When you compare this to the RR24 the difference in beauty is just ridicilous. I admit I'd love to see Alexi play the RR24 on stage again instead of the yellow-black piece of fuck like this.

Picture_5337.jpg

Hey, that's the LTD I have. I agree...it isn't as pretty as my RR24M, but I got it for a good deal and it plays great!

I do, however, plan on taking it to a lutier and having the lower horn cut smaller to match the ESP/Jackson shape, relocating the volume pot a little further back and down, and having it repainted black w/ either green bevels or green stripes. Possibly have the headstock re-painted to just say LTD...I really hate having Alexi's sig on it. Kind of make it my own custom thing. May even do construction orange on the bevels/stripes. Oh, and change all hardware to gold. Gotta have that bling factor going on.

Hey, that's the LTD I have. I agree...it isn't as pretty as my RR24M, but I got it for a good deal and it plays great!

I do, however, plan on taking it to a lutier and having the lower horn cut smaller to match the ESP/Jackson shape, relocating the volume pot a little further back and down, and having it repainted black w/ either green bevels or green stripes. Possibly have the headstock re-painted to just say LTD...I really hate having Alexi's sig on it. Kind of make it my own custom thing. May even do construction orange on the bevels/stripes. Oh, and change all hardware to gold. Gotta have that bling factor going on.

Do green stripes :D Sounds hot... very hot.

That yellow/black alexi doesn't look that bad. The white/black looks much worse, but the yellow one looks much better in person from what I've seen. The cutaway makes the bottom wing look much smaller somehow with the newer models, anyone else get that illusion?

ESP_LTD_ALEXI-600_SC.jpg

Btw, I've always always loved V shaped and RR shaped guitars. But if Roope's LTD had the bananna headstock I wouldn't give a fuck about fanboyism and buy the shit out of that guitar because it's just so god damn awesome. I wonder how it is with the floyd pushed inward!

That bottom wing does look smaller in the pic you posted. Is that a Japanese version or something, as all the Jap ones have the smaller lower wing. All the American versions have the longer lower wing.

What do you mean by "I wonder how it is with the floyd pushed inward!"

Well it's not so simple. I think the Jackson RR24 looks really cool, but this ESP with the longer lower fin and the broad arrows looks ugly as fuck and I'd never buy it. When you compare this to the RR24 the difference in beauty is just ridicilous. I admit I'd love to see Alexi play the RR24 on stage again instead of the yellow-black piece of fuck like this.

Picture_5337.jpg

when i was to buy a new guitar i had 2 options: rr24 and esp edwards alexi. the same price, almost the same shit. i decided to buy the edwards because its better than the rr24 imo (schaller strap and gotoh tuners, absolut original floyd rose, not much difference but still i think its better and more sexy and as i dont like the emg81 or the hz the pickup exchange was both way inevitable). the alexi 600 is a ridiculous buy because with the same money you buy a rr24 or an edwards which is much better (made in japan, original floyds, better construction, etc).

but answering to your post, alexi doesnt use this model live. he only uses with the longer winger (the american version) in american videos like rockhouse and shit. if you notice he ALWAYS uses live the japanese custom (or maybe standard) models with the small wing.

Nope it's the USA LTD. The cutaway gives the illusion of a smaller bottom wing, it's pretty neat.

ya i LOVE this guitar too - if anyone could rival alexi's guitar it's roope - can't get enough of that hockey stick headstock XD

roopers2wh.jpg

he shreds the fuck outta this thing - anyone notice he's not listed on ESP's website artist's signature guitars anymore?

ya i LOVE this guitar too - if anyone could rival alexi's guitar it's roope - can't get enough of that hockey stick headstock XD

Whatever, IMO both Alexi's and Roope's guitars are ugly as shit. Of course they could be awesome to play, but I'm quite sure you can find better guitars in every aspect.

My guess is that his endorsement contract ended, so they are not making any new ones for him.

At least he still has his Engl endorsement.

My guess is that his endorsement contract ended, so they are not making any new ones for him.

At least he still has his Engl endorsement.

i really think its because he doesnt sell much rl600 but still has the endorsement. roope still uses the esps on stage and esp website on october did talked about alexi henkka and roopes signatures which last two got discountinued. even though rl600 is discountinued the japanese version is still here: http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/roope_latvala/index.html