Is it me or am I in love?

Feb 7, 2010
So, lately I been listening more towards the classic rock and bluesy stuff. I still get my daily dose of metal in. From Drudkh, Slayer, Darkthrone, Wintersun, and many, many more. But Eric Clapton has took my soul and won't let go. I been seeing that commercial of him a lot too. The one phone one, the My Touch one, I think. And the song that it plays was just great. I actually looked it up and put it on my myspace. And after that, I was thinking "Man, Clapton is hot for an old guy." and then I felt a little creepy. I've always liked him and his guitar skills are breathtaking. I don't know. Does Eric Clapton has this affect on anyone else?

Love for his guitar playing, yes. Love for him in a homosexual way, no. :erk:

do you want recommendations for Clapton's music? Because getting his Crossroads boxset is the best way to start with him because it covers most if not all of his career from the beginning. :kickass:

Man, Clapton is the man. It wouldn't even matter if you loved in a homosexual way. But he is quite magnificent when it comes to guitar playing.

Yeah, some recomendations would be cool. I mean, I have listened to him for a few years, but I never got deep into it. But, thanks. Oh, I am going to look up that boxset. It sounds amazing.

We'll album wise definetly the Crossroads Boxset... if not then get:

John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers featuring Eric Clapton

Cream:
Fresh Cream
Disraeli Gears
Wheels of Fire
Goodbye

Derek & the Dominoes :
Layla and other assorted love songs

Blind Faith:
Blind Faith

Eric Clapton:
Unplugged

Songs on other artists albums:

I wish It would rain - Phil Collins

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - George Harrison/Beatles

I'm hesitant to recommend his solo albums with the exception of his unplugged album because you may not like the whole albums from his solo career so it would be a waste of your money to get a whole album for 1 or 2 or 3 songs... that is why i recommended the Crossroads Boxset because it spans the best of his career from the 60's to 80's. He also has many songs on soundtracks but most of them are songs from his solo albums or bands he performed with bands(Cream etc.), so I didn't recommend those. And I only named 2 songs he did with others (Collins and Harrison/Beatles) but there are many others. Those 2 just happen to be my 2 favorite ones. Hope this helps for now.

^Excellent reccs on Clapton. His contribution to electric blues playing is, to say the least, phenomenal. Steve Hackett called his work on John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers with EC the "bible of electric blues playing." Clapton was 21 at that time. Derek and the Dominoes with another brilliant guitarist(Duane Allman)is another definite essential. Sadly, what Clapton has recorded lately is banal.

Sadly, what Clapton has recorded lately is banal.
Much like Movie directors or other types of artistic people, can't have hits or genuis all the time though they try. I am sure Clapton sooner or later will come out with inspirational hit/genius again. Also I would like to recommend Clapton's two Robert Johnson albums... :

Me and Mr. Johnson

Sessions for Robert J

We'll album wise definetly the Crossroads Boxset... if not then get:

John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers featuring Eric Clapton

Cream:
Fresh Cream
Disraeli Gears
Wheels of Fire
Goodbye

Derek & the Dominoes :
Layla and other assorted love songs

Blind Faith:
Blind Faith

Eric Clapton:
Unplugged

Songs on other artists albums:

I wish It would rain - Phil Collins

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - George Harrison/Beatles

I'm hesitant to recommend his solo albums with the exception of his unplugged album because you may not like the whole albums from his solo career so it would be a waste of your money to get a whole album for 1 or 2 or 3 songs... that is why i recommended the Crossroads Boxset because it spans the best of his career from the 60's to 80's. He also has many songs on soundtracks but most of them are songs from his solo albums or bands he performed with bands(Cream etc.), so I didn't recommend those. And I only named 2 songs he did with others (Collins and Harrison/Beatles) but there are many others. Those 2 just happen to be my 2 favorite ones. Hope this helps for now.

Well, thank you for all these recommendations. I think I might look into all of what you said. I know Clapton is before my time, but I am really digging him. There might be ones here and there that I might not like, but I guess that is normal. Thank you once again though.