Is Joe Satriani a guitar god or overrated beyond belief player ?

i would say the opposite. david gilmore? man, talk about boring. i can't see where there is any emotion in his playing. it is dead, dull, and lifeless. at least satch is putting some feeling into his playing. satch isn't the best guitarist ever, but he's pretty good and light years beyond david gilmore.

the alumnus said:
i would say the opposite. david gilmore? man, talk about boring. i can't see where there is any emotion in his playing. it is dead, dull, and lifeless. at least satch is putting some feeling into his playing. satch isn't the best guitarist ever, but he's pretty good and light years beyond david gilmore.
Do you realize that you are soulless? I pity you...

NocturnalSun said:
ok since when did this thread become a popularity contest? the titel of it is "Is Joe Satriani a guitar god or overrated beyond belief player ?", is it not?

Uggh, two extremes in a title are never good. That's asking for trouble. so in answer to that question, I'll remain neutral.

Joe Satriani is neither a guitar god or overrated beyond belief.

joe satriani is a great player but i'm not a big fan of the "wanking" genre in the first place. i'll enjoy it once in awhile when i'm in the mood to listen to technical music but i'm usually not in that kind of mood.

Okay, Joe Satriani is NOT a "wanker"(I'm still wondering when the hell that term was invented). Seriously, some people hear technical prowess and all of a sudden they think it's pointless, unnecessary bullshit...I don't get it. Yngwie is a wanker, Satch is a fucking master composer/song-writer. He's nothing short of incredible. If you disagree, you are wrong. :)

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Okay, Joe Satriani is NOT a "wanker"(I'm still wondering when the hell that term was invented). Seriously, some people hear technical prowess and all of a sudden they think it's pointless, unnecessary bullshit...I don't get it. Yngwie is a wanker, Satch is a fucking master composer/song-writer. He's nothing short of incredible. If you disagree, you are wrong. :)
Haha! Amen! :kickass: I have been reading this thread for a few days and have wondered why these people think that he's just showing off, or "wanking" as it's been called.. what is every other musician in the world doing, not playing to the best of their abilities and being creative?!

~Sh0k~