Is Joseph Prabagar a moron or a genius?

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/1/26/nation/13208028

Now, if one was trying to make the argument that black metal is a musical style and is not required to be satanic, OK.

But saying "there is no satanism or cults involved with Black Metal"?

Is this guy a giant idiot or is he just covering his ass trying to 'save' black metal from the government?

Even if he was trying to protect the music, "I think the authorities should really define what 'Black Metal' means" is a reprehensible thing to say.

Now, one of the most inspiring things I have ever read is "Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise." I'm married, so I obviously don't live this 100%, but it's an ideal.

A question of art and integrity: If you play satanic black metal, and you mean it, do you stop just because it's made illegal?

those people have no clue about metal. I think in countries where this repression is going on, people get hooked on black metal because it is extreme - they do not care about the music in the first place, also because they are not able to, say, find the classic records to get into the history of things. This is why people like this one talk a lot of nonsense - the same way as there has not yet been anything musically interesting coming from Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.
Sad: the third world of metal without any chance to get aid to develop as long as dictatorial ideas rule these countries...

Occam's Razor said:
those people have no clue about metal. I think in countries where this repression is going on, people get hooked on black metal because it is extreme - they do not care about the music in the first place, also because they are not able to, say, find the classic records to get into the history of things.

If these guys just hear about black metal, and not actually hear the albums, then what they produce should be some wild never-before-heard music. Right?

Occam's Razor said:
This is why people like this one talk a lot of nonsense - the same way as there has not yet been anything musically interesting coming from Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.

... I have heard very little from that region. (Where is Rudra from?)