Is Kamelot a good live band?

• Thread starter lordofswordsthatfelldragons
  • Start date
L

lordofswordsthatfelldragons

been considering an expensive trip to see them with Epica this year... probably run me over 400$..

they *are* dear to me, so very very dear.

But is their live show something amazing?

(I ask neverheadz, because.I.can.)

I'd say their live show is good, but not spectacular. They need to have a string ensemble for that. But good nontheless. I wouldn't say they're worth $400 though.

Bands like Symphony X and Judas priest... whom I've seen live... and are capable of being nothing short of immaculate, I believe they can be worth the expense

Kamelot has music that can damn near increase my power level

though I love Nevermore dearly, more than priest/SX... their live show hardly impressed upon me the importance of them being witnessed.

Obviously spending that kind of dough is illogical, but hell, so are most talent-driven mediums. But if Kamelot are a great band live, then I can be happy with the investment! :) Which is merely what I seek to ascertain. yay.

They've been good two of the three times I've seen them, and Kahn was sick the time they were just average. I'm going to enjoy playing with them at Jaxx.

Are they worth $400? Only you can decide that. I spend upwards of 2K on ProgPower every year, so...