Is Ratt Back For More?

Don't like them in their due time, don't care if they come back or not.

I could careless. Pearcy's voice is shot. I was a huge fan in the 80's...
I partied with Ratt and Poison at the bar of their hotel after a show here in January 1987. Bobby from Poison smashed out a bathroom stall door and raipped on me for not doing likewise, accusing me of not having balls- it wasn't that I didn't have any balls, it was just that I didn't have $200 to replace the stall door if I got caught.

According to Wikipedia's site a Ratt reunion is a very possible possibility. That was a little redundant. Here's the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratt.
Any thoughts on this? I personally hope a world tour is in the order.

Please god, no.

Even with the guitar playing of Warren DeMartini, I can't stand those guys. He was so wasted in that band.

I think I would need to be paid $100 cash and a 12 pack of Amstel Light just to be able to sit through a set of theirs.

I partied with Ratt and Poison at the bar of their hotel after a show here in January 1987. Bobby from Poison smashed out a bathroom stall door and raipped on me for not doing likewise, accusing me of not having balls- it wasn't that I didn't have any balls, it was just that I didn't have $200 to replace the stall door if I got caught.

That whole destroying Hotels and bathrooms and things like that was so childish. "Hey I destroyed a bathroom so now I'm cool and I won't think about how the record label is just going to find a way to take this money out of my pocket to repair this shit real soon now..."

Way to go dickhead.:kickass:

That whole destroying Hotels and bathrooms and things like that was so childish. "Hey I destroyed a bathroom so now I'm cool and I won't think about how the record label is just going to find a way to take this money out of my pocket to repair this shit real soon now..."

Way to go dickhead.:kickass:

C'mon have you been living under a fucking rock? This has been going on for decades. From the Rolling Stones to whoever is the new on the scene...
Is it cool? No, but there are many dickheads to go around...Not just the ones mentioned in this example.

Ratt missed the baot on the reunion trend, this should have happened 5 maybe 6 years ago? Even then it would have been short lived as their shelf life was short in their prime to begin with.

they did reunite in 1998. they released an album in 1999 that was pretty damn cool.

btw ratt was around from for about a decade in 1981-1991 and every album was at least platinum so how did they have a short shelf life?

they did reunite in 1998. they released an album in 1999 that was pretty damn cool.

btw ratt was around from for about a decade in 1981-1991 and every album was at least platinum so how did they have a short shelf life?

For starters they were always neck and neck with Motley early in their careers. Obvioulsy there was more longevity with Motley. Better songs, better production, better songs. I like Warren Dimartini, he to me was the strong point of that band. Short shelf life in terms of the poitential they had to be just as huge as Crue but failed meserably. When the backlash against the glam or hair bands they were lumped there with the c and d league bands who were the first to be ushered out. And the decade thing? They didn't begin to sell albums until 1984 or so and their streak of platinum albums ended with Reach for the Sky. Their best album or consistent one (IMO) was Detonator and that barley sold half a million albums....

Ratt was my first concert. I saw them again on that '98 tour, I guess, and they sucked total ass.

For starters they were always neck and neck with Motley early in their careers. Obvioulsy there was more longevity with Motley. Better songs, better production, better songs. I like Warren Dimartini, he to me was the strong point of that band. Short shelf life in terms of the poitential they had to be just as huge as Crue but failed meserably. When the backlash against the glam or hair bands they were lumped there with the c and d league bands who were the first to be ushered out. And the decade thing? They didn't begin to sell albums until 1984 or so and their streak of platinum albums ended with Reach for the Sky. Their best album or consistent one (IMO) was Detonator and that barley sold half a million albums....

well they didn't release an album until '84 but they formed in '81. their greatest hits cd from 1991 has gone platinum and detonator is probably close but the thing is its the hardest cd to find in a store out of all of their albums. the song givin yourself away is awesome as hell. but RATT broke up before the backlash thing started. in 1991 they went on hiatus or brokeup or whatever and pearcy formed arcade. the backlash started imo in 1992

RATT broke up before the backlash thing started. in 1991 they went on hiatus or brokeup or whatever and pearcy formed arcade. the backlash started imo in 1992

That might have been the case. I love the first Arcade record. Also I picked up the Pearcy Unplugged album and his voice cracks throughout, but there are three or four good versions of classic Ratt songs on there...

C'mon have you been living under a fucking rock? This has been going on for decades. From the Rolling Stones to whoever is the new on the scene...
Is it cool? No, but there are many dickheads to go around...Not just the ones mentioned in this example.

No I haven't been living under a rock at all, I just thought this thread was on Ratt. I realize that many bands have done that very thing time and time again, it's just that the hair-Rock bands were the most notorious ones that did it it (recently speaking, anyways.)

Like I said before, the record label are the ones that usually end up fucking the bands out of the money to repair those Hotels. They (hotels) usually don't eat the repairs for it, obviously.

I don't think that trashing out a hotel had any sort of impact on what music they recorded in a studio or how they played that night, so in the end (whether I like them or not), any band that did/does that was/is fucking retarded, in my book anyways.

Non-musically speaking.

That might have been the case. I love the first Arcade record. Also I picked up the Pearcy Unplugged album and his voice cracks throughout, but there are three or four good versions of classic Ratt songs on there...

the best thing on the unplugged cd was the cover songs. i own all pearcy's stuff away from ratt except the band vertex. his solo album social intercourse is the best thing he did outside of ratt except for the 2 arcade albums