Is Sabaton not on the fall Evergrey tour anymore?

DemonOfTheWoods

Your option out of here
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD
I must have missed something. I'm sure this was already discussed but I can't find any info about it. Sabaton's website doesn't mention anything about the fall tour, and the Jaxx website had it listed as Evergrey & Sabaton, but now Sabaton is no longer listed but it doesn't say anything about them dropping off the tour...

Anyone know? I'm sure it was already discussed & I missed it, so forgive me for asking a potentially dumb question:loco:

It looks like Sabaton will join the tour on 9/20 at the Grammercy in NYC with Evergrey and other supporting acts. Looking on the Sabaton website, they're still on tour in Europe when the Jaxx date is scheduled.

16.09.11 - Leipzig - Hellraiser - With Grave Digger, Powerwolf & Skull Fist
17.09.11 - Oberhausen - Turbinenhall - With Grave Digger, Powerwolf & Skull Fist

Hmm pretty weird. When i saw them with Accept they said they would be back in the Fall with Evergrey. I hope something didnt happen.

I believe Sabaton is headlining Jaxx in October.. I think it's the 17th...

Just checked the site and didn't see it but I could've sworn someone told me they'd be back then...

Hmmm..... haven't heard anything about it. The Accept pairing was perfect though. Accept is probably one of the few bands, Sabaton wouldn't blow off the stage with their energy. I mean nothing against Evergrey, but that match doesn't seem to work for me.......... the dark melancholy Evergrey stuff after jumping and sweating to Sabaton......

Bryant

Hmmm..... haven't heard anything about it. The Accept pairing was perfect though. Accept is probably one of the few bands, Sabaton wouldn't blow off the stage with their energy. I mean nothing against Evergrey, but that match doesn't seem to work for me.......... the dark melancholy Evergrey stuff after jumping and sweating to Sabaton......

Bryant

I love both bands, but I tend to agree. Accept is super energetic and are one of the few that can match or beat Sabaton's energy. While I haven't seen Evergrey live yet, I doubt they can match it. I'm still looking forward to that show though.

I love both bands, but I tend to agree. Accept is super energetic and are one of the few that can match or beat Sabaton's energy. While I haven't seen Evergrey live yet, I doubt they can match it. I'm still looking forward to that show though.

LoL, I don't think Accept "matched" the energy of Sabaton based of of the Florida show they played....

just sayin'... Accept is ALWAYS great live but Sabaton came out with fists swinging, literally.

Sabaton kicked ass in San Antonio on the Accept tour. But sadly they only played 5 songs. Thankfully, they kept their word when they said they'd be back to Texas.They have a Oct 13th date that the wife and I will be going to in San Antonio. :headbang:

Sabaton kicked ass in San Antonio on the Accept tour. But sadly they only played 5 songs. Thankfully, they kept their word when they said they'd be back to Texas.They have a Oct 13th date that the wife and I will be going to in San Antonio. :headbang:

I asked Joakim about why their set was so short when I saw him again the next night in Houston. He said the reason Sabaton's set in San Antonio was so short was because the band before them - a bunch of kids playing cover songs, went 45 minutes instead of their alotted 30. They played their full set in Houston and then GAVE AWAY THEIR DRUM KIT!!:yow::OMG::worship: I got the right tom and had them autograph it after the show. Coolest concert souvinir ever!!

I believe Sabaton is headlining Jaxx in October.. I think it's the 17th...

Just checked the site and didn't see it but I could've sworn someone told me they'd be back then...

I don't think they are, for that one. I hope they are, but I don't think they are.. which makes me a sad.

I asked Joakim about why their set was so short when I saw him again the next night in Houston. He said the reason Sabaton's set in San Antonio was so short was because the band before them - a bunch of kids playing cover songs, went 45 minutes instead of their alotted 30. They played their full set in Houston and then GAVE AWAY THEIR DRUM KIT!!:yow::OMG::worship: I got the right tom and had them autograph it after the show. Coolest concert souvinir ever!!

Yeah, I had a sneaking suspicion that it was the lame teen cover band(who weren't that good to begin with. Talk about butchering songs) going long that caused that issue. But thats ok since Sabaton are coming back. Already got my tickets. \m/

They are still listed as playing Hell here in Atlanta on 10/16 (Sunday)... no info on other bands yet.

I'm the one that told you. :) And it's not on the Jaxx calendar yet, you're right.

I thought so but honestly, my brain isn't as spot on as it use to be.... ok who am I kidding, it never was but still I knew I wasn't pullin' things outta my ass!!!! (HEY- stop right there with those comments!! :p )

I was wrong. Sabaton will be at Jaxx on October 17th.

...and so will we.

MWAHAHAHAHA!! Lemme know if anyone needs tickets!

via http://www.bravewords.com/news/164332

"Swedish epic power metallers SABATON have officially announced dates for the band's North American World War Tour 2011.
Dates, also including Sweden's Evergrey, include:

September
20 – New York, NY - The Gramercy Theater
21 – Montreal, QUE - Foufounes Electriques
22 – Toronto, ON - The Opera House
23 – Cleveland, OH - Peabody’s
24 – Detroit, MI - Blondie’s
26 – Chicago, IL - Reggie’s Rock Club
27 – St. Paul, MN - Station 4
28 – Winnipeg, MB - The Osbourne Village Inn
29 – Regina, SK - Exchange
30 – Edmonton, ALB - Starlite Room