Is the Barlow rumor true?

I really don't know what to say.... for once, I'm speechless!
I really never thought of Matt as an option, yet he's the best choice any band could have made to replace Lance. No one else could come close.

Oh and, anyone else think Barlow looks a little bit like Undertaker in that pic? ;) :lol:

I really don't know what to say.... for once, I'm speechless!
I really never thought of Matt as an option, yet he's the best choice any band could have made to replace Lance. No one else could come close.

Oh and, anyone else think Barlow looks a little bit like Undertaker in that pic? ;) :lol:

LOL; matt's undertaker voices :p

For the diehard Matt fans...what is some of Matts best (past) vocal work to checkout?Obviously- I know he was in IE...but nothing is grabbing my ear yet (i know flame me)?
Though i can only see Pyramaze getting even heavier w/ him in the fold!

note;have since checked out "Burnt Off" (was o.k.)
but "Something Wicked..." Matt -sounds great!

yeah, Alive In Athens is simply the best live album out there in terms of both performance and production...and Matt really shines. That album will give you a great cross-section of his time with Iced Earth...Horrow Show is the only Barlow-era album not represented, and that is also an excellent showcase of his vocals.

Haha, I remember back in the old days when Iced Earth had an official forum on their site, there was a lot of talk about this. There are pics of Matt when he had hair that looked a LOT like the Undertaker.

So... good call.

And yes, Alive in Athens, definately check it out Muzmaze. The best live album of all time in my opinion, and about 90% of the reason is because of Matt's performance.

Oh my christ, A Question of Heaven. I literally get fucking goosebumps every time I listen to it. The end section is simply perfect. And I'd like to see a few of those re-recorded tracks aswell. Feed the addiction and whatnot ;)

Haha, I remember back in the old days when Iced Earth had an official forum on their site, there was a lot of talk about this. There are pics of Matt when he had hair that looked a LOT like the Undertaker.

So... good call.

And yes, Alive in Athens, definately check it out Muzmaze. The best live album of all time in my opinion, and about 90% of the reason is because of Matt's performance.

Glad I'm not the only one that's thought that for a long time. It's very nearly uncanny! :lol:

As for songs that give goosebumps and highlight a favorite piece of Matt's work, I would have to mention "The Phantom Opera Ghost" and "Dracula" both from Horror Show. Gets me everytime!

I am not as familiar w/ IE as some ...but now that i've checked out some IE stuff,"Travel In Stygian has to be one of thier best songs...more so one of Matts best vocal songs!!:kickass:

I thought that the AiA DVD was a bit of a let down considering that A Question of Heaven, Slave to the Dark and Iced Earth had been cut. Not to mention the fact that instead of it being the gig from the first night or the gig from the second they mixed and matched between the two, so in one shot Matt has his jacket on, in the next he has no jacket and no shirt, WTF??? Talk about a cash grab by Century Media.

EDIT: And DARE I mention the horrible mixing & pressing Century Media did on the DVD. Not only did I have to pay to get the DVD, I then had to pay to send it back to them, because the 5.1 surround sound mix didn't work! Another cash grab by Century Media!! I hate those fuckers with a passion!

I thought that the AiA DVD was a bit of a let down considering that A Question of Heaven, Slave to the Dark and Iced Earth had been cut. Not to mention the fact that instead of it being the gig from the first night or the gig from the second they mixed and matched between the two, so in one shot Matt has his jacket on, in the next he has no jacket and no shirt, WTF??? Talk about a cash grab by Century Media.

EDIT: And DARE I mention the horrible mixing & pressing Century Media did on the DVD. Not only did I have to pay to get the DVD, I then had to pay to send it back to them, because the 5.1 surround sound mix didn't work! Another cash grab by Century Media!! I hate those fuckers with a passion!

I completely agree with everything you just said. Finding out that Iced Earth and Slave to the Dark had been cut already sucked, and then finding out that A Question of Heaven had also been cut was almost too much for me to take :mad: :cry:. Seeing the piss poor job that they did puting the footage together was also pretty damn annoying. Despite all of that, I am still glad that I bought it though, because where else could I get all of that footage from the AiA concert? It just bugs me that with a little bit of work put into it the DVD could have turned out alot better then it actually was, but I guess beggars can't be choosers :bah:.

Meh, I say pick up Melancholy Beast first. That was a great album
smile_nod.gif
The Bonecarver just didn't do much for me (except a few songs here and there), no matter how many times I've tried to get into it
surp_noidea.gif

I just found this out today. I haven't gotten into Pyramaze enough yet to purchase a CD, but this will definitely change that.

Well, I again think you should get Melancholy Beast first and then the Legend of the Bone Carver. Both are superb albums but listening to LotBC after Melancholy made you realize how much they progressed, that was a nice feeling. But both albums are killers, you can't really go wrong when choosing one of them :).