is there a phone ringing in "The Antique"

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
probably not, but what's that effect? i think it's buried way in the background repeatedly--i just heard it at 5:29. it always makes me look around and see if the office phone is ringing because it's so in the background. just jangling guitar?

Yeah I always think my cell phone is ringing at that part.

Also, there's a Fiona Apple song on "When the Pawn" where there's a hit on like a vibraphone or something that sounds *exactly* like the "Your door is open, idiot" bell on most cars.

you might be hearing a leslie + flange on the hammond. It definitely sounds like a phone around 8 minutes or so when it's just a clean guitar arpeggio and the hammond.

I think we should have done the monty python trick where you very gradually lower the volume level over the course of the entire album, until it's at like 25% of its original volume, and then put like the loudest most abrasive thing imaginable right at the end.

It's so subtle I thought I was imagining it, except that EVERY time The Antique comes on I glance left at the office phone to see if the red "ringing" light is on.