Is there RAW brutal death snare samples

nezvers

Beast
Oct 5, 2010
Latvia, Riga
I've been loving sound of some brutal death bands recordings, even if they sound like demo records, but those snares are KILLER and almost all brutal death records I like have THAT snare
I have bought Seraph recordings - Pork III snare, which is REALLY close, but maybe there is something bit closer to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lasses LSD drum samples have a few in there that can work for that style. In the original snare ones, quite some pingy ones in there iirc

Haha thank you! Have you tried blending two different snares? Instead of finding the one perfect snare, two snares that are almost there and create some thing different

Haha thank you! Have you tried blending two different snares? Instead of finding the one perfect snare, two snares that are almost there and create some thing different

I have tried it, but for sound like that, it seems you just must have right one (mostly sound homes from snare ring in OH or room mic, I think. And unfortunately Seraph rec snare has everything cooked in one sample, so I can't brickwall one of mics to achieve something like that (I like sometimes to smash OH or Room mic samples to get roomier sound).

I have tried it, but for sound like that, it seems you just must have right one (mostly sound homes from snare ring in OH or room mic, I think. And unfortunately Seraph rec snare has everything cooked in one sample, so I can't brickwall one of mics to achieve something like that (I like sometimes to smash OH or Room mic samples to get roomier sound).

Maybe try some parallel compression?

Fast attack/release and blend it with the original