Is there..

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

Well the sound of Nile is heavy sounding 'cause they tune down to A. But you can get a heavy sound from tuning down to D standard. I.E. Decapitated. I don't know.. I'll rephrase the question. Can you get a band more technical than Nile that sounds equally as heavy as them? I am interesting in building my music a whole shed load. I want to listen to many new bands, so I'm wondering if you can recommend any bands to listen to..

Berzerker said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

Well the sound of Nile is heavy sounding 'cause they tune down to A. But you can get a heavy sound from tuning down to D standard. I.E. Decapitated. I don't know.. I'll rephrase the question. Can you get a band more technical than Nile that sounds equally as heavy as them? I am interesting in building my music a whole shed load. I want to listen to many new bands, so I'm wondering if you can recommend any bands to listen to..

For "technical", you might do well to have a listen to Polands "YATTERING". They're heavie than a cartfull of bricks, and you need a fucking PhD in music to understand what the fuck is going on in the music. They're heavier and more technical, but they're not better.

IMO of course!

D-KOM said:
Poland seems to have a good soil for technical Death Metal bands, be cure to check out Behemoth as well!

Actually, Behemoth sound pretty close to Nile these days to my old ears.

Terrorizer
Assuck
Nasum
Extreme Noise Terror

+ many other grind/deathgrind bands are heavier than Nile. If by heavy, you mean an intense barrage of destructive sounds.

But as someone else pointed out earlier, "heavy" is a very ambiguous word.

Decapitated and thier album "Nihility" it is an old but good as hell album. Other polish bands are: Hunter, Behemoth, Vader, Thy Disease. Thy Disease is also good but their vocal sounds a little bit strange or simply vocalist doesn't have skills :p

Carcassian said:
For "technical", you might do well to have a listen to Polands "YATTERING". They're heavie than a cartfull of bricks, and you need a fucking PhD in music to understand what the fuck is going on in the music. They're heavier and more technical, but they're not better.

IMO of course!
Thanks! I'll have a listen to them!

D-KOM said:
Poland seems to have a good soil for technical Death Metal bands, be cure to check out Behemoth as well!
Yeah, I already know about Behemoth. I love 'em to bits. :cool:

Pull The Plug said:
Decrepit Birth.
Thanks as well.:)

Perdition's Light said:
Terrorizer
Assuck
Nasum
Extreme Noise Terror

+ many other grind/deathgrind bands are heavier than Nile. If by heavy, you mean an intense barrage of destructive sounds.

But as someone else pointed out earlier, "heavy" is a very ambiguous word.
I've heard of two of those bands - Terrorizer & ENT, but I've never bothered to look into them.. I don't know why.

Yeah, I don't know how I could put my definition of heavy, 's too hard for me to describe.

Also try Benighted, a good french metal band. I recommend "Insane Cephalic Production" album. "Self Proclaimed God" is a awesome song.

(M)aggoT said:
Decapitated and thier album "Nihility" it is an old but good as hell album. Other polish bands are: Hunter, Behemoth, Vader, Thy Disease. Thy Disease is also good but their vocal sounds a little bit strange or simply vocalist doesn't have skills :p
I love all stuff by Decapitated. I have all the stuff they've done so far. Shame they changed vocalist, I liked his vocals. I can't wait for the new album. Nihility is probably the best album by them, showing them at the peak of their skills. It's a shame they're going to be less technical from now on. :yell: I know Vader as well, but not that well.

(M)aggoY said:
Also try Benighted, a good french metal band. I recommend "Insane Cephalic Production" album. "Self Proclaimed God" is a awesome song.
Will do.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, I will take all the bands into account.

Origin aren't faster than Nile, at least with Annihilation of The Wicked that is... What I think the original poster meant by heavy is more or less that extremly brutal detuned guitar sound that you can just tell is Nile. Perdition's Light, I don't see Heavy as a barrage of sound... otherwise all Metal bands would pale in comparison to Noise and Power Electronics in the heavy department.

Phrozenspite said:
Origin aren't faster than Nile, at least with Annihilation of The Wicked that is... What I think the original poster meant by heavy is more or less that extremly brutal detuned guitar sound that you can just tell is Nile.
Have you heard Echoes of Decimation? It's much faster than AotW. Songs like Sacrifice Unto Sebek or User Maat Re just aren't that fast most of the time. Every song on Echoes is fast, and the ending of Ameoba is probably the fastest thing I've ever heard. Origin is in the same league of brutality as Nile for sure.