Is this guitar tone too dark (again!)

I can see what you mean. When you hit the lower strings it certainly does sound a bit dark and woofy. I don't know if it's the guitar/pickups or just the mix. But if you're using the Blackmachine I doubt it's the guitar :p (Tighter strings, maybe?) The mix is rather good though.

Fantastic song too :headbang:

Again, it's not too bad! Actually sounds really fucking good as I listen more.

Yeah, this shit is tits man - I wouldn't change it very much if it at all.

This is the best tone you've posted so far, I actually love how this sounds. Fawkkkk can't be getting AxeFX GAS again :(.

If you need to change anything, give the bass some more grind/level on the top end and it'll help bring out some note definition and mesh with the gtrs a bit.

Wicked, thanks chaps!

thedonutman: It's not actually the Blackmachine, it's a cheapo Ibanez RG7321 with Bare Knuckles in. I'm sure when I (finally) get my Blackmachine 7, any clarity issues will disappear!
Oh, and between 3:06-3:18, the right guitar is my bandmate's Ibby RGA 8-string. It's still got the stock pickups, which are very muddy.. can't wait until his BKPs arrive so he can install them.

Jeff: Awesome mate! You helped me out big time before, this tone is very much based on the EQ adjustments you recommended.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the clean section is going to feature a guest solo by Paul Ortiz aka Chimp Spanner! :kickass:

It sounds great and what's even better is that the music is FUCKING "TITTINGLY" AWESOME! TITS! OH YEAH!

Ok, seriously, when you're done with your EP or album or whatever it is you're working on... make sure to let us know! I want to hear this shit and if all other tracks keep this level of asskicking, I'd buy your album without much consideration. :)

Hahah, well damn, thanks!
I'll definitely let you know when the mini-album is ready, fingers crossed we can find a vocalist soon.

I really like the tone and the song man!

If anything you could try maybe a smidgen of rubytube on the guitars which tends to bring them forward a bit for me

Not a bad tone at all.
Doesn't quite have the air I'd want and could do with a boost around 4.5KHz and 7KHz, but don't go overboard on that