is this guy trying to scam me? (craigslist)

s34nsm411

May 3, 2004
i can never keep up with all the modes of scamming people these days. but anyway im selling a guitar on craigslist and someone emailed me from italy about it. after some correspondance and me asking how he was going to pay he said this

------
Better they would be bank the transfer or paypal.
You have account a Paypal? I pay you it commission, not problem!
The guitar has scratches, dents or rubbings?
You have some photo in high resolution?

I attend your contact.
Thanks - Loris from Italy
------

is there any way i can get screwed over if the guy actually paypals me money and it shows up in my paypal? theres no way it could bounce later or anything right?

No, it doesn't sound anything like he is trying to scam you. Paypal is very safe. Once you got the money, you got the money. He is the one with the risk, cause he has to pay before he gets the guitar.

And if something goes wrong, send our resident italians over with some baseball bats :)

Paypal is good for transaction. What do you prefer? Why do you think he try to scam you? He pay you before the shipping with paypal....I don't know your problem.

Paypal is good for transaction. What do you prefer? Why do you think he try to scam you? He pay you before the shipping with paypal....I don't know your problem.

because usually when i post something on craigslist i get atleast one or two extremely shady emails from people very far away that dont know english well. I also wonder why the hell they would be browsing the DC craigslist ads other than to scam dumb americans

I bought A Schecter from AudioPhile777 using paypal and had no problems other than having to pay for paypal taxes instead of giving the extra money to AudioPhile :)

Yea i sold a mic to Iron ape on here and he used paypal to send me the money from italy and it worked out fine. Paypal is very safe as far as i have used....

Uh... someone tells me that Paypal only covers you for domestic transactions. Also, with paypal, the buyer is king, so if the dude contacts them and "claims" that you burned him, they will yank the funds from your account. If you don't have the funds in your account, they will yank it anyway and you'll get dinged from your bank for having insufficient funds. Proceed with caution:kickass:

Fuck me running... if we can't trust vague, easily misread e-mails in poor English from foreigners who seem surprisingly interested in our stuff, what CAN we trust?

Jeff

And if you don't trust italians... well, you BETTER trust italians, capisci?!
capone_2.gif

Apart from kidding, I'd go quite safely with Paypal.