Is this reamp box worth buying??

doclegion

Contagious Destruction
Dec 31, 2006
I was in the same situation as you, and found surprisingly little information about the ProRMP
From what I've heard it's not quite as good as the more expensive boxes (reamp, x-amp, Redeye etc.) but it gets the job done pretty well. Who knows, in a mix you may not even notice a difference. But in metaltastic's blind shoot out there were definitely some subtle differences.

Both of the boxes you've posted are passive and if I remember correctly are better suited for recording active pickups (someone else jump in if I'm wrong). I haven't had experience directly with both but it all boils down if you want that extra tiny bit of clarity.

I personally went for the Little Labs Redeye cause it doubles as a DI box and a reamp.

I was in the same situation as you, and found surprisingly little information about the ProRMP
From what I've heard it's not quite as good as the more expensive boxes (reamp, x-amp, Redeye etc.) but it gets the job done pretty well. Who knows, in a mix you may not even notice a difference. But in metaltastic's blind shoot out there were definitely some subtle differences.

Yup - http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/465146-big-re-amper-shootout.html

Both of the boxes you've posted are passive and if I remember correctly are better suited for recording active pickups (someone else jump in if I'm wrong). I haven't had experience directly with both but it all boils down if you want that extra tiny bit of clarity.

Nope, your thinking DI boxes - with re-amp boxes it doesn't matter, since the signal coming from the computer is the same regardless of what kind of pickup was used when it was recorded!

And the JDI is a DI, not a re-amp box, two different things (though the Redeye can be both)