Is time travel possible?

There is no limit to what speed a human can wistand, so if a person moves at the speed of light nothing in perticular would happen to them. Also with the travelling at the speed of light time stops for you and continues for the everybody else, so its almost as if you have gone into the future, but backwards is not possible

Originally posted by AttleseyC
There is no limit to what speed a human can wistand, so if a person moves at the speed of light nothing in perticular would happen to them. Also with the travelling at the speed of light time stops for you and continues for the everybody else, so its almost as if you have gone into the future, but backwards is not possible

Nope, due to the theory of relativity the closer you get to the speed of light the heavier u get. When u got there ur mass would be infinite, so you'de need an infinit e amount of energy to get you there. This has been proved by accelerating electrons up to near the speed of light, at which point there mass starts to increase dramatically

Travelling faster than the speed is not possible.

Your mass does not matter in space because there is no friction and no gravity, and even as you approach the speed of light the passing of time slows down.

I finally saw Hyperspace on TLC, and I must say it was amazing. The only show that has ever had me that interested is The Simpsons.

Kourosh....tip of the iceberg, eh? Yeah. I bet. I know...well, I think I know, that's it's unknown...unending. Weird when you see things with no boundaries. Amazes me in a world that I've been seeing lately through uninterested eyes.

I dont know if anyone has already mentioned this because I cant be bothered to read the rest but...

Time travel will never happen. Because if it did, wouldn't someone decide to go back in time to see what killed the dinosaurs... or to kill Hitler in 1939?

That's what i think.

Time travel will never happen...

Thats also one of my beliefs but with different reasoning.

If there was time travel, there would probably be people who oppose it, if one of those people gos back in time and kills the person who discovers it, he has removed time travel and no one can go back to fix it because time travel would no longer exist...