ISIS, Oxes, Dalek, 5ive

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
...at the Middle East last night.

Isis was even better than the last time I saw them.

Dalek was all right. I liked their sound, and their deejay was good, but the actual rapper just didn't do it for me. I didn't like his timekeeping and I didn't like his flow. (on the flipside, the dude I went with thought the rapper was the best part of Dalek's set)

I missed all of 5ive except the last song, but what I heard was really cool. Their newest album had really cool design, and the second track was remixed by James Plotkin so I bought it and am listening to it right now.

Oxes was REALLY cool. I'm not sure if their live show would translate well to CD, but I'm definitely going to poke around for mp3s to see. Even if not, I'd still go to see them again. Forbes described them as two guys with wireless guitars wandering around a lot, and I think his assessment was pretty much dead-on.

man, YES. i was talking to this girl and describing my weekend and she was like "omigod you saw 5IVE and ISYSS?" (both are some sort of candy-pop groups, I guess).

the album i bought (2 tracks, 40 min of music) is 5ive's Continuum Research Project: "The Hemophiliac Dream". the second track is a remix by James Plotkin. it's really good!

this is a DIFFERENT 5ive than they boy band, but it would be cool if James Plotkin remixed one of their songs.