Isole - Forevermore

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
<----
This is THE DOOM ALBUM of the year, no funeral doom crap, no artsy fantsy meaningless ultra slow fagy-ness, just TRADITIONAL PURE DOOM (epic in moments) greatly influenced by Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass BUT: It totally slays the new Candlemass.
Those who know, will simply agree with me.

I have it, and I like it, but I've listened to it too little to pass final judgement. Doom album of the year? Not sure on that one. Nowhere near the quality of Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass at their finest, that's for sure, but you might be right that it's better than the new Candlemass... I think the new Grand Magus is probably better than that, too.

The new Grand Magus isnt doom, just heavy metal, and it slightly dissapointed me, remember?
And for fuck's shake, why when someone mentions that a band's style is similar to 2 great bands' style, some other assumes that the "someone" thinks that the band is as good as the other 2 bands
Then again i really think thats this is a very rare masterpiece and reminds me even the finest moments of Candlemass or SA. It needs many listening sessions, the compositions are really deep and many of the melodies/riffs become uncovered after you listen to it lots of times. And thats when they strike you with a force easily comparable with the one of Candlemass or S.A

The new Grand Magus isnt doom, just heavy metal, and it slightly dissapointed me, remember?
I know this. It is "doomy" at times though, and I thought it was comparable enough to the new Candlemass that it is appropriate to say I prefer one to the other.

Anyway, chill out a bit greekdude. Isole is well cool, and I'll listen to the album after this.

It is really good yeah, though not really best doom album of the year. That title goes to Reverend Bizarre - II: Crush the Insects closely followed by Thee Plague of Gentlemen - Primula Pestis IMO.

Damn, out of Candlemass, Solitude Aeternus, Rev. Bizarre, Isole, and Thee Plague of Gentlemen, the only new releases I've heard are Isole and TPOG! time to get in gear! mp3s anyone?