Israel and Iraq

infoterror

Apr 17, 2005
The U.S. Middle East policy is not in America's national interest and is motivated primarily by the country's pro-Israel lobby, according to a study published yesterday by researchers from Harvard University and the University of Chicago.

John J. Mearsheimer from the University of Chicago's political science department and Stephen M. Walt from Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government do not present new facts. They rely mainly on an analysis of Israeli and American newspaper reports and studies, along with the findings of the Israeli human rights group B'Tselem.

The study also documents accusations that American supporters of Israel pushed the United States into war with Iraq. It lists senior Bush administration officials who supported the war and are also known to support Israel, such as Paul Wolfowitz, Doug Feith and David Wurmser.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/695227.html

(Could this be true? Is there more going on behind the scenes than we realize?)

It is just brilliant that academics from Harvard University and the University of Chicago dare to say such things! What good news. It looks like people will eventually wake up to the degree that Israeli interests control global politics. No doubt anyone who says such things will be denounced as being evil anti semites even though there may be a number of Jews who also think Israel supporters are out of order and are actually fermenting hatred by their actions.

infoterror said:
The U.S. Middle East policy is not in America's national interest and is motivated primarily by the country's pro-Israel lobby, according to a study published yesterday by researchers from Harvard University and the University of Chicago.

John J. Mearsheimer from the University of Chicago's political science department and Stephen M. Walt from Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government do not present new facts. They rely mainly on an analysis of Israeli and American newspaper reports and studies, along with the findings of the Israeli human rights group B'Tselem.

The study also documents accusations that American supporters of Israel pushed the United States into war with Iraq. It lists senior Bush administration officials who supported the war and are also known to support Israel, such as Paul Wolfowitz, Doug Feith and David Wurmser.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/695227.html

(Could this be true? Is there more going on behind the scenes than we realize?)

I wouldnt be surprised if it was.

Me either.

My ultimate critique of America: when you make your society a big market, everything's for sale. Thus we don't need a conspiracy theory to see that wealthy ethnic groups might influence policy, just as much as masses of irate proles do at the voting booth. Still, they're all easy to control with enough media dollars (as Bush did this last election -- very successfully, making John F. Kerredy look like a total idiot in contrast).

Israel, Christ, affirmative action, pollution don't occur because some evil half-Jew half-Negro overlord demands they do, but because they're profitable. The rich and poor alike are guilty in their pursuit of dollars. It is a shame, because the nativist Americans and land of this country are among the finest things on earth.

In the meantime, I hope Texas secedes! YEE HAW :headbang: :kickass: :Smokin:

It would be interesting to actually read this study, especially if they are arguing in favor that Israel had some hand in going to war with Iraq. But the article posted only say they documented accusations of such, so maybe that is not the case. Probably a good read especially if I took the time to look up their sources.
Although supporting the only secular democracy in the Mid-East doesn't hurt the pro-Israel lobby.

I hope Texas secedes too. The federal government would no longer have to give you anymore US tax dollars. Though if I was President when it happened it would be a win-win situation. On one hand your state would be gone, which would be wonderful. On the other I could invade your new Lone Star State, ala Lincoln, and forcibly make you stay in the Union. The thought of slaughtering thousands, mayhaps tens or hundreds of thousands of Texans makes me hard. Then a military dictatorship where I force all white Texans to breed with Jews, Mexicans, and African-Americans. Then I give you back to Mexico.

Edit: I should never post when I'm drunk. But then again that a near constant state with me.

infoterror said:
Me too. We could leave the hypocritical and immoral Yankees behind and do things right for a change ;)

I'm sure you would do fine, with oil money and a modern infrastructure supporting you. Also i'm sure other Americans would still keep moving there.