Issue #45 mailed!

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
... sorry for the delay. But you're unfortunately used to it now aren't you? *sigh*

Anyway.

This is what I call a 'money issue' because LotFP rose to 'fame' on the strength of its interviews and dammit I think the two appearing in this issue stand up very strongly to anything I've ever done.

Interviews with Primordial's AA Nemtheanga (45 minutes)... talk about long overdue to get Primordial interviewed in the pages of LotFP. Also Atrox's Monika Edvardsen in a two hour plus interview that's informative (some things I betcha didn't know about Emperor and Artch!), outrageous (what is she doing when she sings?), and a bit of a look at the price one pays for going out on a limb...

Also some news bits (making fun of stupid things in the press lately) and Matt Harper's column and Retro Review.

Just about 16,500 words, making it one of the most content-packed issues in several months.

As far as album reviews, TEN FULL PAGES of reviews next issue, as well as the Wuthering Heights interview finally, and nobody's subscription runs out with #45, so no complaints on some of this stuff being bumped to #46. ;)

Originally posted by SSMT
You really should change the name of your zine to LotBP...Lamentation of the Bunny Patting.
John

Hey, never hurts to be enthusiastic about what one is putting out.

Although when you see it, you'll find that in the interview it was far from the focus of the interview, but at the same time when those questions do come up she hardly discourages the discussion...

Wuthering Heights is a 60+ minute conversation for next issue so it'll be a whole 'nother big ball of fun then. :)

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
Wuthering Heights is a 60+ minute conversation for next issue so it'll be a whole 'nother big ball of fun then. :)

That should be interesting! I just picked up "To Travel For Evermore". Wow......I've only had time to give it one listen so far, but my head was spinning (in a good way, I think?!). It'll definately take some time to absorb.

Found the first typo from hell. ARGH.

There's one point in the Atrox feature where she's talking about how their label marketed them as 'gothic metal', and she's talking about how horrible it was that people into Theatre of Tragedy would buy the album and be horrified.

... so of course, I left out the -t-o, so it reads "people in Theatre of Tragedy" instead of "people into Theatre of Tragedy" so as written, we're to believe Liv or Raymond or whoever goes into a store, buys Contentum, and freaks out because it's not the standard gothic metal album they thought it would be.

*must... kill... self*