istanbul gig cancelled

Volfied said:
Being my favourite band of all time, I must say I am very disappointed by the Turkish organizators and promoters.

Another example of how bad they suck was lived in Rock the Nations 2003 when they decided not to take 18- just at the beginning of the concert, and nearly thousand people couldn't watch it.

Well, hopefully I will be able to catch them in UK when I go there for intern work, or maybe when I do interrail next year. Or the neanderthal promoters finally evolve and bring them here before the end of summer.

I just wanted to see them, and now someone saying they were going to come with Duncan Patterson, another reason to kill promoters.

well duncan was coming for vacation...anyways he plans to be here this summer. pray with me he does!

Well, hopefully the new concert will be some time other than 1-20 July, I'll be working at the Jazz festival, so I wouldn't want to leave one fest and go to the other :)

Strange though, it just took a week, so it was so fast that I learned they were coming and now they cancelled, and after Dream Theater postponing the concert, I just said, "Face it, this is Turkey" and hoped to see them on another country later on.

It's written that:
"Istanbul gig cancelled!
Our Istanbul gig on the 11th of April has been cancelled. The local promoter could not put on the show because of financial problems. We apologise to Turkish fans, there was nothing we could do about it.
We hope to play in Turkey before the end of the year."

:(
:erk:

I hope that they'll come at the end of the year...

Don Corleone said:
you'll be working at the istanbul jazz festival volfied?

tell me, yes is coming right?

Yeah, it won't be such professional work, more of a job like being an officeboy, but I will be able to watch all the concerts, and I'll be working in the main building through the day

*Sigh* I am really disappointed, Anathema was the band of my life, with each and every one of their songs from the Pink Floyd covers like One of the Few, to their former Doom pieces like Memento Mori, to their last masterpiece that was sung by Lee Douglas herself, A Natural Disaster. And I was really excited when I heard Lee Douglas would be touring with them, which mean they would sing AND, but no, because of the f- financial problems they can't come.
And they would really find the audience they needed here, because Anathema has become really famous through the 18- people who are trying to act deppresive and know no other song than Angelica, One Last Goodbye and Lost Control. But still, audience is what they were and they would be the one contributing to the number, if not the quality, of the audience.

Hopefully the promoters will be able to do something and they will be here before July.

I have a suggestion, why not try the festival that is between 19-21 June, all progressive bands (Dream Theater, Queensryche) are coming to that festival and it seems to be the best one this year. Just a suggestion :)

Volfied said:
Hopefully the promoters will be able to do something and they will be here before July.

I have a suggestion, why not try the festival that is between 19-21 June, all progressive bands (Dream Theater, Queensryche) are coming to that festival and it seems to be the best one this year. Just a suggestion :)

it can be.. but the promoters should ask first, not the band I guesse.
They should send an e-mail to the agency (btw it's hard to settle smtg with this agency .imo., it's not the bands fault of course.)

at the otherhand rockistanbul fest (19/21 june) is the new name of H2000.. that's why I REALLY REALLY doubt if they can make a proper festival, without problems..
the last 2 years they sucked.. why not this year?
every year they bust and then they change the name of their campany and make another fest. :Smug:

I don't really belive that those guys (siyabend& özgür = nu- punk) can resolve threir F. problems... same lies all the time, I'm bored.

yeah, there is that problem, the organizators of H2000 really suck, last year it was terrible, not even enough catering or restrooms with proper cleaning. I don't know, but for me the best organizator seems to be IKSV at the moment, people who organize all the Jass Festivals, because they don't take musicians just as musicians, they also treat them like honor guests that visited the country.

Maybe I'll just contact my friend in IKSV about it, I dunno, but I wanna see Anathema alive, that is one of the main purposes of my life :)

pagan2002 if my hopes become true, I'll be the happiest guy in the universe for that second
oh migod, all my favourite bands except few will be together in one festival...
dream dream dream :D

if it is promoters that should ask first, I'll try anything to contact them to ask the band, so can someone who knows about this stuff inform me how this happens?

best said:
but you end up listenin to Starsailor :erk:
he, if i have to choose between starsailor and RHCP, it would be starsailor, cause i can't stand the peppers and starsailor is just amazing!!!

the problem is they always create the rumors of famous bands coming to Turkey, then they crush all the bands.
I can't say anything about RHCP or Starsailor, couldn't listen to all of their songs, but I think they are both good in their own genre.

Volfied said:
the problem is they always create the rumors of famous bands coming to Turkey, then they crush all the bands.
I can't say anything about RHCP or Starsailor, couldn't listen to all of their songs, but I think they are both good in their own genre.
yeah, rumours always suck if they don't get tru, but here most of them are tru. but yeah, we also live in THE BEST FESTIVAL COUNTRY IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, the RHCP are good in what they do, but i don't like that style of music much so, ... but man .. starsailor :worship:

Volfied said:
yeah, there is that problem, the organizators of H2000 really suck, last year it was terrible, not even enough catering or restrooms with proper cleaning. I don't know, but for me the best organizator seems to be IKSV at the moment, people who organize all the Jass Festivals, because they don't take musicians just as musicians, they also treat them like honor guests that visited the country.

Maybe I'll just contact my friend in IKSV about it, I dunno, but I wanna see Anathema alive, that is one of the main purposes of my life :)

you're rigth. IKSV is the best.. they are real professionals!!
I think other promoters should learn somethings from IKSV