It must be the beaches and Hollywood....

California has always ranked among the fittest states for some time. Go to LA... Lots of beautiful people there... Of course many of them lack a little brain matter but that only helps them weigh in lighter lol... I thought Florida ranked high too but they seemed to have slipped a little...

The diet in the south is very fried food friendly. And the midwest is very meat based.. Man there is a steakhouse on every corner in some places... and not a lot of Sushi...:lol:

I'm just proud to be one of the 18 to 23%!!!!

FUCK YEAH GET ME A CHEESEBURGER!!!!

People always say I'm not from the south, and I believe it. I actually don't like fried foods. They're just too...bleh. Heavy, oily, gut-busting, nap-inducing, and--AND it all looks the same. It's this golden brown mess.

There's a guy I work with who grew up in the south. He's probably 5'9", 250#. He's one of those guys with a ginormous gut and tiny legs. Let's not forget about his triple chin... The guy's typical lunch: two peanut butter and butter sandwiches (or cheese and mayonnaise or pimento cheese and mayonnaise), big John Madden-sized handful of chips, two pickles and 2 cookies. He once made the comment, "it's not good if it isn't fried." His daughter had to take cholesterol medications because it was running a little high. This was two years ago; she's currently 8 years old.

And I'm the one getting weird looks at lunch for eating "pink yogurt" with fruit and a turkey sandwich on whole wheat. Sometimes I also have carrots.

I'm damn proud of my weight loss. I've kept off 60 pounds for over four years now. I still don't have the body of a Roman god, but I'm healthy and that's all that matters. I'm glad I took these steps when I did; I probably added at least 5-10 years to my life. That's another 5-10 years to let my savings and investments grow ;-)