It would be cool if Theocracy did a praise album.

Trinitial

Dec 13, 2011
Like Petra Praise. It would be cool to hear these songs Theocracized.

Lord I Lift Your Name On High
Ancient of Days
The Holiest Name
I Will Call Upon The Lord
I Love You, Lord

and other songs.

Actually, I think that Theocracy should stick to what they're doing. Don't get me wrong, praise music is great, but I guess I wouldn't like the idea of Theocracy's amazing three albums to be followed by an album solely dedicated to praise music, especially well-known songs that have been covered for hundreds of times anyway. Besides, 'On Eagle's Wings', 'Absolution Day' and 'I AM' have been some of the finest praise songs I've ever heard.:)

Actually, I think that Theocracy should stick to what they're doing. Don't get me wrong, praise music is great, but I guess I wouldn't like the idea of Theocracy's amazing three albums to be followed by an album solely dedicated to praise music, especially well-known songs that have been covered for hundreds of times anyway. Besides, 'On Eagle's Wings', 'Absolution Day,' 'Mountain' and 'I AM' have been some of the finest praise songs I've ever heard.:)

Fix't

Basically this. Most "praise songs" sound good enough as-is, have been covered, re-covered, and played by so many people the your average listener doesn't even know who the original artist is. Furthermore, most songs written to be sung and listened to in churches are, by intent, fairly simplistic both lyrically and musically, and I'm not really sure how well it would fit in with Theocracy's sound to play a song where 75% of the song is simply repeating and re-repeating the chorus.

Now, I wouldn't be upset if theocracy were to cover a song or two as 'bonus tracks' in a future release, or something,(I personally would love to hear a theocracized Amazing Grace) but I honestly don't think that they should release a full 'praise album'

Besides, the world seriously needs more bands with lyrics like Theocracy. If Matt ever changes the lyrical style of Theocracy it will be a crime against mankind :p

I believe that Trinitial is trying to imply it'd be awesome if Theocracy played said songs, but did so in their usual spectacular music style. Praise albums where they just sing the songs and add nothing to them are just... not that great. I was just tempted to use the term "total crap," but maybe I shouldn't use that term to describe praise songs. Anyway, I've listened to far too many extremely boring CDs that just have a different singer singing the same songs we've all heard a million times.

"Praise songs" are pretty lame most of the time (not that they have to be; they just almost always are). Theocracy songs are much more meaningful, moving, and relevant.

A lot of those "praise songs" are so vague they make me wonder, "Are we singing about God, or our girlfriends?"