It's a shame...

Kai-Guy

May 8, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
It's a shame to see all the bickering that goes on at times on some of these forums/threads and even some magazines. Of course it gets really kicked into gear when the bands are announced each year for the show! Of course everyone is intitled to his/her opinion, but thats all it really is--just an opinion! No one is right and no one is wrong! I have been a fan of hard rock/heavy metal for about 30 years now and I guess I have to much respect for the music that I love so much to decide if someone is right or wrong about their 'opinion'. :erk: We are all devoted metal fans here and in a society that does not accept are music all that well we all need to stick together. If you want to 'piss' on a brand of music--lets all 'piss' on the overated pop scene and crap (i mean rap) and hip-hop scene. I personally don't care for death or black metal--but it's still metal and I try to give it the respect that it deserves! I just thank the Lord that we have people like Glenn and even the people at BWBK who can bring us all together once a year as a 'Metal' community and listen to and celebrate together the music that we all love!!! Like some people have said--it is hard to describe to a normal 'Joe' what we all experience every year at these shows--it's almost God like and the feelings I have are just amazing--every one is so cool and friendly and we are all there for one reason---HEAVY FUCKING METAL--- it doesn't matter if it's Prog--Power--heavy--hard--whatever you want to call it--we are all there to celebrate METAL!! So, lets all chill a bit and take a deep breath and remember--we are the luckiest fans in the world (IMO) :D and lets get ready for PPV or any othe festival this year!!!! (side note: Sorry for the rant I usually try not to say much--but after last year and now this years comments-- I had to speak my peace--and remember, it's just my opinion!!) :D METAL-ON

Life is always about feedback. The problem is that too many people do it blindly and without any sort of idea behind it other than right vs. wrong. Just think, if there were no feedback and bickering, we'd have George Bush serving another 4 years without question. Ugh. Metal/concert lineup is no different no matter the job that Glenn does.

well there hasn't really been bickering this year so I think this post can wait until the bickering actually takes place.

note that i did witness the bickering other years, i just think this year has been tame and fine so far, and i don't think people should be preemptively defensive.

DrBell said:
note that i did witness the bickering other years, i just think this year has been tame and fine so far, and i don't think people should be preemptively defensive.

Good point - I am going to delete my earlier post.

Maybe bickering is not the best word to describe what we read here at times--but, it has happened and I'm sure it will this year at some point. Maybe 'overly opionated' is a better description--I don't know? Basically for me it comes down to--if you don't like it-- don't go--if you don't like a certain style--don't listen! I'm really not interested in why you don't like something--if I want to know I'll ask!! I don't like death/black metal and I have my reasons--if you want to know I'll tell you but, I don't think I need to impose my reasons unless I'm asked!! I don't care if you don't like constant double bass or primitive prog. guitar thats your deal--don't impose it on me unless I ask!! Sharing your opinion is fine--just be carefull what you say and do go into it blindly you may not like what you get back. I think this years line-up is great and it's going to be a blast--hopefully next year will be better for other people but, there will always be people who like it and people who don't--can't get around that one.

Well Creeps your right again--not only are you right about Brainstorm--but, your are also right about supporting Glenn. I will also try each year to be at the show and support whatever he does--chances are I will dig it. I think out of the three years I have known about Prog/Power I have liked at least 8 out of 10 bands---I don't see that changing much

No matter who came people would be disspointed. period. I mean if I picked out teh festival i coudl sell it out. But i garauntee the message baord woudl have the same amount of complaining. message boards are always predominately negative anyway . So it shouldnt suprise you. I think this year has been a little more tame.

I actually enjoy the conversations and disagreements as long as they are constructive and people don't get personal. Tell me that my favorite death metal,black metal, prog, power as I love it all isn't up to speed on their newest cd. I will have a differing opinion but that is what is great, we can constructively debate. It would be boring if we were all just mindless fools just blindly being YES people to everything.

Now when people get personal, that is a bad thing.

tattooedsean666 said:
I actually enjoy the conversations and disagreements as long as they are constructive and people don't get personal. Tell me that my favorite death metal,black metal, prog, power as I love it all isn't up to speed on their newest cd. I will have a differing opinion but that is what is great, we can constructively debate. It would be boring if we were all just mindless fools just blindly being YES people to everything.

Now when people get personal, that is a bad thing.
I agree with you 100%:headbang: