Its been awhile, let me know how im doing !

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, OH
www.myspace.com
This is a song from a band im good friends with .
I think i did a descent job, this was a big project for me ....lots of tracks...
i usually only record one rhythm guitar player do to tightness
but these dudes had alot different stuff there were doing so there is one dude on one side and the other dude on the other side....i think it worked out alright ....they are pretty tight together plus it was alright if they were a little loose kinda went with the sound

the bass player is a hit and a miss here and there.....but overall okay.

Streaming version
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7012046

Higher RES download
http://www.mediafire.com/?hl28lst2nxz

A couple of questions for everyone?

1. Do the Vocals sound to over compressed ? Like do you here to much of the room especially the heavy vocals? I think i hear something odd here(also remember i'm recording in a living room so i can only do so much) using AT3035>gtbrick>delta44

2. Also i get the comment that my mix's are really DRY, i guess they mean not polished over enough..or its to sterile and not saturated enough.....because im not sure what more effect wise i could do ...

3. Hows the guitars sounding? i have been struggling to get something good i have been using Revalver III for the last couple of months and i think its improving from what i had with the pod xt. but still nothing to scream about ....

As Always thanks for any feedback you guys can give

i REALLY like the snare (its "Real" or samples/superior2.0?)
id bring down the screaming vocals a little bit

Hey dude, sounds good! I feel the guitars have good punch, but could use a more saturated model mixed in; these have GREAT punch/cut, but are just a bit undergained sounding for me. Also, I like the snare, but I think it's too loud, as are the screaming vocals, as mentioned (though I don't hear too much compression there, they sound good IMO!) And I think the bass might be a little loud, or at least a bit too much in the mids (around 600-800 perhaps, but don't quote me at that, I SUCK at mixing bass cuz I've almost never had to).

Otherwise, I really can't think of anything I dislike, which means I like everything else! Keep up the good work!

Hey dude, sounds good! I feel the guitars have good punch, but could use a more saturated model mixed in; these have GREAT punch/cut, but are just a bit undergained sounding for me. Also, I like the snare, but I think it's too loud, as are the screaming vocals, as mentioned (though I don't hear too much compression there, they sound good IMO!) And I think the bass might be a little loud, or at least a bit too much in the mids (around 600-800 perhaps, but don't quote me at that, I SUCK at mixing bass cuz I've almost never had to).

Otherwise, I really can't think of anything I dislike, which means I like everything else! Keep up the good work!

thanks dude for the feedback...yeah they wanted to keep the gain down to give it more of a crunch.....but yeh i think it could use some more.gain....
and yeah i been having some bass problems.....I posted this in the Slate forum and someone was saying how low the bass was.......Its just so hard to find a middle ground...lol... but also i will check the mids in the bass....
thanks for the info dude , much appreciated

That sounds really nice man. I like the style of this song. The screams may be a tad loud, but not by much. Guitars sound great. Drums sound really nice as well. Thats a real nice snare, and kick you got. I don't think the song is to dry sounding at all, but I like dry sounding mixes. Everything else seems just fine to me. Nothing else sticks out to me that needs to be fixed.