It's FINALS time! - A guide to the Polls....

Tough As Steel

a.k.a. Aussie Dave
Feb 12, 2002
Canberra
Visit site
Okay, in the recent Battle of the Maiden album polls - the votes tallied for fave Maiden albums were (each person was allowed to vote for their 6 fave albums):

A total of 28 voters participated.

The Number Of The Beast - 25
Piece Of Mind - 19
Powerslave - 19
Somewhere In Time - 19
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son - 18
Brave New World - 13

Iron Maiden and Killers both received a respectable 12 votes each, but miss out on the top 6. Although i am sure, if the self titled album had of had good production it would have been right up there.

Anyways.....Brave New World i think just scraped in, and really isn't a challenger to the other top 5 albums so i have decided it will stay put in 6th place.

The Number Of The Beast with 25 out of 28 votes, is the *Minor Premier* :lol: and has earned the right to go straight into the Grand Final.

It's the other classic albums where the voting was really tight. So the finals voting rounds will go like this:

Piece Of Mind vs Powerslave

Somewhere In Time vs Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

The two winners from these rounds will playoff against each other, to go into the Grand Final vs. The Number Of The Beast.

Remember, this is just for fun...so vote away!!!! (I have started seperate threads to vote in the final/playoff rounds).

The Number Of The Beast with 25 out of 28 votes, is the *Minor Premier* :lol: and has earned the right to go straight into the Grand Final.

... until someone discovers that they over spent the budget on the album and it gets its points stripped.

Thus Virtual XI avoids the humiliation of getting the wooden spoon :D

I listened to it last night, actually, and I still think it's a great album. Maiden's worst studio album, yes, but Maiden's worst is still far better than many bands' best.

I know what you mean Spiff. I 'hate' it as an album, yet love half the songs!

Good point, what we think 'stinks' as far as Maiden studio albums go, are much more listenable to than most other bands/music out there.

Virtual XI does have some good stuff on it, good ideas, and i like the positive vibe on the album....i just think it needed a good producer to work on it. Poor production/below par recording studio's/equipment is what all the 90's Maiden albums have suffered from IMO. There's never been anything wrong with the ideas that they have tried, but rather the sound quality hasn't been right.

The way the voting is going at the moment, SIT will face off against POM for the right to challenge NOTB as the best Maiden album ever. Which would leave SSOASS and PS to battle it out for 4th spot.

BUT....the voting ain't over yet.....

Well, SIT beat out SSOASS 12 votes to 10. A close one, but a win all the same for SIT.

POM, had a 12-9 advantage over Powerslave.

Now POM and SIT face off for the right to beat TNOTB over the head to claim the title as best Maiden album ever.

Of less importance, but still very interesting, is determining the preferred album out of the losers of the 1st round, Powerslave and Seventh Son. This poll will sort out 4th and 5th spot, ahead of BNW.

Now, go and vote!!!