It's Official: HEATHEN Guitarist LEE ALTUS Joins EXODUS

Sweet Savage

Nov 25, 2004
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=40246

As widely expected, veteran San Francisco Bay Area thrashers EXODUS have now officially announced the addition of guitarist Lee Altus (HEATHEN, ex-DIE KRUPPS) to the group's ranks. "Lee has been a great friend of mine for many years and is also one of the greatest guitarist I've had the pleasure of knowing," EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt said in a statement. "He was not only the best guy for this job, he was the only one. No one else was ever considered. His leads are totally ripping on the new album and I am looking very much forward to working with him on new music soon. He is a rhythm crusher as well as a shred machine so things are going to be heavy as hell! We start rehearsals Wednesday and I can't wait. My moving is done and I am chomping at the bit to get the show on the road."

EXODUS recently parted ways with guitarist Rick Hunolt due to Rick's desire to concentrate on his family life.

As previously reported, EXODUS have set "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" as the title of their upcoming album, due on October 5 via Nuclear Blast Records. Recorded at Trident studios in Pacheco, California and mixed by Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, ARCH ENEMY), the follow-up to 2004's "Tempo of the Damned" is the band's first to feature Altus, ex-SLAYER drummer Paul Bostaph and new singer Rob Dukes.

It's sad to see Rick go but Lee is an awesome guitarist.

Farewell to the H team. You shall be missed