It's Official: HEATHEN Guitarist LEE ALTUS Joins EXODUS - Aug. 9, 2005

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
As widely expected, veteran San Francisco Bay Area thrashers EXODUS have now officially announced the addition of guitarist Lee Altus (HEATHEN, ex-DIE KRUPPS) to the group's ranks. "Lee has been a great friend of mine for many years and is also one of the greatest guitarist I've had the pleasure of knowing," EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt said in a statement. "He was not only the best guy for this job, he was the only one. No one else was ever considered. His leads are totally ripping on the new album and I am looking very much forward to working with him on new music soon. He is a rhythm crusher as well as a shred machine so things are going to be heavy as hell! We start rehearsals Wednesday and I can't wait. My moving is done and I am chomping at the bit to get the show on the road."

EXODUS recently parted ways with guitarist Rick Hunolt due to Rick's desire to concentrate on his family life.

As previously reported, EXODUS have set "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" as the title of their upcoming album, due on October 5 via Nuclear Blast Records. Recorded at Trident studios in Pacheco, California and mixed by Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, ARCH ENEMY), the follow-up to 2004's "Tempo of the Damned" is the band's first to feature Altus, ex-SLAYER drummer Paul Bostaph and new singer Rob Dukes.

---------------------------------------------

Let me say this;

THIS IS GOING TO FUCKING KILL!! Lee Althus is the man behind the absolute KILLER guitar sound on the first Heathen album. He can shred with the best and will take Exodus to a new level [no Pantera pun intended].

Before anyone starts whining about Exodus being dead and other fantasies, please wait until the new album is released. If you hate it you can always write them of *after* you listened to the album.

I could not be more excited about the development in the Exodus camp. From what I heard Rob Dukes is a killer thrash singer and Paul Bostaph needs no introduction.

Its looking great for Exodus! :headbang:

Bad for Heathen :( Although that maybe with the new singer I finally start to like Exodus

I definatly like this news, and Lee Atlus defiantly shreds, but what does this mean for Heathen?

Igor_Cavalera said:
And I also ask, what does this mean for Heathen?

Google is your friend:

http://www.heathenmetal.com/index2.html

The new guitarist is called Terry Lauderdale. Its not sure he will be employed on a permanent base, but he will tour Europe with Heathen. I'll think I'll check them out.

When you google his name you'll be pointed to this place:

http://www.terrylauderdale.com/home.html

You can congratulate him on getting the job here:

http://www.hftrocks.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Band;action=display;num=1118015972

He actively participates on his forum.

And finally you can get some audio and video here:

http://www.terrylauderdale.com/audio.html

Any more questions? :tickled:

Lazy kids these days...:D

I dunno :erk: I'd rather see that he concentrate on Heathen, because Heathen is infinitely better than Exodus these days. Oh well, as long as the new Heathen album comes out I'm happy.

Hawk said:
I could not be more excited about the development in the Exodus camp. From what I heard Rob Dukes is a killer thrash singer and Paul Bostaph needs no introduction.
I'm just curious, what have you heard of this Rob Dukes fellow? Has he been in any other bands I could check out? if you know what he sounds like, could you describe him? any info would be greatly appreciated :wave:

#1_Droogie said:
I'm just curious, what have you heard of this Rob Dukes fellow? Has he been in any other bands I could check out? if you know what he sounds like, could you describe him? any info would be greatly appreciated :wave:

Hey, This review (the first, so far) was just emailed to me by Dukes, and it does a pretty good job of describing his vocal style. He was in some local bands in the NY area, so you most lkely won't be finding any of his previous work anywhere. He hails from Rockland County, NY, about 20 miles north of NYC. We can't wait to see our boy with the mighty Exodus on 10/15!!!!!

http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,3108.sm

Hawk said:
Now I am FUCKING PUMPED!! I am cant WAIT to get my hands on this baby!! :headbang:

Yeah, we should be pumped! In addition to that review, from what Dukes has told me, the album slays. He said Bostaph is borderline ridiculous on the album.

:OMG:

You know Dukes? Thats great man :) This must be my most anticipated album of the year. Of course I really wanted the new Nevermore as well, but I am so curious how this one will turn out!

I am glad they have a singer now that can equal the power of Baloff when he wants to. I never liked Zetro that much.

Hawk said:
You know Dukes? Thats great man :) This must be my most anticipated album of the year. Of course I really wanted the new Nevermore as well, but I am so curious how this one will turn out!

I am glad they have a singer now that can equal the power of Baloff when he wants to. I never liked Zetro that much.

Yeah, I've known Rob for a long time. I'm not going to lie and say he's my best friend, but he's not just an acquaintance either. He is/was friends with a lot of my friends, and actually used to come see all OUR bands play in the late 80's, early 90's. I saw his most recent band open for another friend's band a few years ago. Rob came out and sang Creeping Death with the other band to close the show. It was awesome!

By the way, Rob played guitar is his previous bands!

I agree about Zetro. He had his good moments, but something about his voice has always annoyed me. When I first started listening to Exodus, it took me a while to get used to Baloff...but I did. Baloff was hit or miss live, though. When I went to Thrash of the Titans 4 years ago, he was sub-par. He had other issues though.

wOOt :headbang:

Lee Altus in Exodus is great news ! :D he kicked ass in both Angel Witch & Heathen (where he still does and will hopefully continue to do so). I think he can bring something fresh to a band that already came back strong with their previous album...

This is nothing but positive news. I really like how this new line up is shaping up. I got high hopes for this new album, not only because the last album was killer, but also because this new line up is looking killer.