Rick Hunolt Out of EXODUS???

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I usually don't give a rat ass about Blabbermouth news, so anyone can confirm this one?

Guitarist Rick Hunolt has left long-running San Francisco Bay Area thrashers EXODUS, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET.

Hunolt was apparently not involved in the recording process for the band's new album, which is currently being tracked at Trident studios in Pacheco, California.

EXODUS' as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2004's "Tempo of the Damned" will mark the band's first release with new singer Rob Dukes. Mixing duties will be handled by Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY, KREATOR). Among the tracks set to appear on the CD is "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" (working title), which guitarist Gary Holt has described as "one of the fastest EXODUS songs of all time."

EXODUS recently parted ways with longtime drummer Tom Hunting after Hunting was taken ill and had to be hospitalized several times, according to Holt. He has since been replaced in the group by ex-SLAYER/FORBIDDEN skinsman Paul Bostaph.

I read Blabbermouth every day and as a whole they are pretty reliable. There is nothing about this on the official Exodus website. but I would not be surprised of Blabbermouth article about the situation is correct in this.

I don't think so. I think the key member is Gary. I have got the feeling the next Exodus album is gonna slay! Just wait and see. Because we are both on the path of speculation.

Damn it seems like everyone is leaving exodus now. I saw them 2 years ago at the
Emerson Theater with my dudes Demiricous and they fukkin tore the damn roof down!
I was hurting for a week after that show cause the pitting was brutal!!

If it's true that he left.. then it's not even Exodus anymore ... with only one original member left? ... it would just be a Holt solo album really... or a entirely different group if the new members contribute to the songwriting etc...

That's sad news :( "Tempo Of The Damned" was awesome! I wonder if they can still follow it up successfully. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's true! No more Exodus! Gary Holt is not an original Exodus member. Remember? He replaced Kirk Hammett who went to Metallica. Actually there is no original members left. If I'm wrong...please correct me :)

Did Hammett play on any releases? I don't think he did, so I wouldn't really count him as an original member. He was in the band yes, but I have known plenty local bands and most change members all the time. If Kirk didn't join Metallica, just quit and took a shoe salesman job would he be an original member if he wasn't on any releases? Just wondering?

SavaRon said:
Did Hammett play on any releases? I don't think he did, so I wouldn't really count him as an original member. He was in the band yes, but I have known plenty local bands and most change members all the time. If Kirk didn't join Metallica, just quit and took a shoe salesman job would he be an original member if he wasn't on any releases? Just wondering?

I think he played on a demo, and helped write a few tunes in the beginning