its really my own fault that i am losing my heavy metal street credibility

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
I bought a few cds yesterday as i have got all the money together for my bills, rent, and recording session and had some leftover cash:

The Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots: Yeah I am a little late on this one but Toby played it for me while we were driving in the deserts of CA and i promised myself I would get it eventually. I like it alot. it is still taking some time to sink in.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Album: Before you scream "Fan-Boy Geek!" at me, understand that it is a collection of some of the indie/alt-rock bands whose songs have appeared on the show and I thought it would be a cool sampler of some late 90's bands I haven't heard of. Nothing spectacular so far.

However, my main reason for buying it was because it has a recording of the Buffy/Angel love theme(let the insults begin!).

and I picked up a proper copy of the Megadeth "Killing Is My Business and Business is Good" remaster. It is SO much better. granted the riffs are played very sloppy and there are a couple stinkers for songs on it, and Dave Mustaine takes every oppurtunity in the liner notes to point out where he had done something before anyone else BUT overall the songs I love on that album were ahead of their time in my opinion and it stands out among the other thrash stuff going on at the time. Also I loved the raw feeling of it, somehow it makes it much cooler in my view.

I have broken through several barriers lately.

the other week my wife sent me to the store to buy Taylor Dane's Greatest Hits. How humiliating.

Then, she was feeling very ill and I had to go to the store and pick up her favorite brand of "feminine hygiene product." okay, no sweat, I'm a cool, liberated modern man. but the chick cashier looks at me with a little smile on her face and says, "you know, most guys won't buy this stuff for their women."

fortunately, my rapier-sharp wit was not hybernating, and I was able to retort, "hey babe, if ya like your ride, ya gotta help take care of the maintenance."