ITT a very good Black Metal song.

well my tastes in black metal aren't nearly as developped as yours.... but I didn't really like this. The production is way too horrible and I can't explain how souding this bad can be possible... I've heard people with a 0$ budget get a way better sound... is it recording incompetence? And the song just didn't bring anything new or interesting. Still, I'm sure some on this board will like this, but I don't... keep on sending stuff like this though, you made me listen to some very good shit (like Gama Bomb heh)

lol, are you gonna say black metal is all about having a bad sound and bla bla bla.... sorry, I think things need to evolve a bit.

lol, are you gonna say black metal is all about having a bad sound and bla bla bla.... sorry, I think things need to evolve a bit.

It's not "about" having a bad sound, not at all. But all the instruments are clear to the degree that is necessary to convey the desired feeling of the song. It wouldn't work with some sort of clinical, clean production, and none of that has ANYTHING to do with "evolution".

Décadent;5626112 said:
It's not "about" having a bad sound, not at all. But all the instruments are clear to the degree that is necessary to convey the desired feeling of the song. It wouldn't work with some sort of clinical, clean production, and none of that has ANYTHING to do with "evolution".

well, I think of bands like Merrimack that can achieve to produce great music with an excellent sound.... but still, I guess you do have a point, though I didn't feel anything special about this song. It didn't struck me like other bands did.

edit: and by "evolving", I mostly meant that I felt I heard this kind of thing a thousand times.... black metal do need to evolve imo.

Some black metal bands desire evolution, some black metal bands desire stagnation (or simply to work within the confines of the established).