ITT: DOWNLOAD ERIK'S SUNLIGHT DEATH METAL VIRTUAL MIX TAPE (MP3'S INSIDE!)

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
In the grand tradition of Carcassian uploading shit for people to listen to, here's a good basic introduction to Swedish Sunlight-type death metal circa 1989-1993, including a bunch of relatively unknown bands that should be heard by all, and slightly rare tracks by some of the well-known ones. This is my gift to this forum for being so terrible! Enjoy and educate yourself!

>> DOWNLOAD HERE <<

1. Entombed "Bitter Loss"
2. Evocation "The Ancient Gate"
3. Unleashed "The Dark One"
4. Crematory "Into Celephais"
5. Grave "Deformed"
6. Nirvana 2002 "Mourning"
7. Afflicted "The Empty Word"
8. Dismember "Pieces"
9. God Macabre "Into Nowhere"
10. Cemetary "An Evil Shade of Grey"
11. Carnage "Infestation of Evil"
12. Therion "The Return"
13. Nihilist "Radiation Sickness"

This is just the type of thing I'd been hoping for. I hear everyone raving about these bands, but I never looked into them since I found The Karelian Ithsmus to be so bland, and that was supposed to be one of the best records of the era. Maybe this will get me excited about death metal for the first time in a while.

The Karelian Isthmus is a finland death metal album.

Amorphis is from finland. The bands death metal regardless if recorded at sunlight is not swedish death metal style. (I don't think so anyways).

The Greys said:
The Karelian Isthmus is a finland death metal album.

Amorphis is from finland. The bands death metal regardless if recorded at sunlight is not swedish death metal style.
I'm well aware of where Amorphis is from. The point is that I wasn't much of a fan of old school Scandinavian DM. I never liked Nespithe either (also Finland, I know). I didn't figure there would be too huge of a difference in the Swedish scene.

death metal mixes are always welcome (even if I do have half of these bands :p )...except Nirvana 2002...haven't heard of them

I have the remastered nuclear blast version of the first therion, whoever did it messed it up bad.

I need to find the original.