ITT: Video of Metallica playing brand new song at Download.

Has the other video already turned up here then? I need to check in more often. In fact, while I was at the festival, I did briefly consider going into the internet cafe that was set up in the merch village to leave a message for y'all, but figured my girlfriend would probably dump me for being irredeemably sad if I did. :)

posted a high quality file of the song last week ...
it turned into a turd throwing contest ...

Hey man, I didn't even rag on them when the Napster bullshit came about, and enjoy Load as a perfectly crappy rock album once every few years, but since St. Anger, jesus fucking christ, just DIE already.

dill_the_devil said:
I quite like it. Many of you probably won't. I pretty much immediately forgot about it though, since after this they played the whole Master Of Puppets album all the way through. :D

So you went too eh? I thought the new song sucked, was boring. However, hearing the whole of Master of Puppets ruled, they were probably the most enjoyable set (in a weekend of not very good bands, granted).

Did you have a good weekend? I had a great time, was there from Wednesday til the Monday.

I was there Thursday till Monday - personally, I had a great time. Fucking amazing set from Tool, that shit was pretty special. Henry Rollins had me in stitches in the beginning and welling up towards the end, Gojira absolutely kicked my dick in, Throwdown and Hatebreed fulfilled the muscular aggro-core portion of the weekend pretty niftily too. Dragonforce were amusing, the single song of Down's set I caught was pretty good, Satyricon were surprisingly good too.

Tool were good, but I'm still not totally convinced by them. Wanted to see Gojira, given the attention they get on this board, but missed them due to circumstances out of my control. Dragonforce's sound was pretty bad. Glad Satyricon played Mother North, but it didn't sound great live I didn't think, but I enjoyed their (brief) set. But yeah, the weekend was more than just about the bands and it was great fun.

See much of the rioting?

Slept right through the rioting, as it happens - I was on the orange campsite, about as far away from the arena as you could possibly get! First I heard of the rioting was getting up in the tent in the morning and having Jenni telling me that a tree was on fire in the distance and all the poles that the lights were strung from had been pulled down!

Demilich said:
lurch: are you gonna cry 'cause nobody likes the washed up, old, overrated hacks that you still cling to for some reason? :loco:

:lol: ... like I said before ... I can't locate a sarcasm smiley