I've lost my objectivity, tell me what you think

KeithTidd

Robot Penis.
Apr 26, 2008
Vallejo, CA
www.myspace.com
I don't know much about mixing reggae, and I don't have anything to compare your mix to, but my first inclination would be to bring the clean guitars up some, and the bass down a little. Also, I'm not sure how to describe it, but when the clean guits are doing the little strummy thing, they sound a little clicky. Maybe taking down the highs a tiny bit would solve that? Sounds a lot better than any of the local reggae/ska stuff I've heard from my whereabouts.

I don't know much about mixing reggae, and I don't have anything to compare your mix to, but my first inclination would be to bring the clean guitars up some, and the bass down a little. Also, I'm not sure how to describe it, but when the clean guits are doing the little strummy thing, they sound a little clicky. Maybe taking down the highs a tiny bit would solve that? Sounds a lot better than any of the local reggae/ska stuff I've heard from my whereabouts.

thanks for the feedback. They're a pretty talented band.

I'm glad you pointed those things out, because those are issues i think i'm hearing. The reason the guitars sound so pointy is because of the compression, maybe i'll make the attack faster.

this is abdass

thanks.