Melodic Hardcore Mix! Tell me what you think!

Jon Ossim

New Metal Member
Feb 27, 2009
Mix was done using podfarm, zombass and steven slate drums, vocals were recorded using a shure sm7b

Please tell me what you think of the mix and song!

or Youtube:

http://facebook.com/intodepths

I will be thankfull for every feedback!
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig it! Maybe it's just me, but the lead at the beginning could be a tad tighter. Still really like it though. I'm curious what your signal chain was for everything? Mind sharing?

This is actually pretty damn good. Everything sounds pretty well balanced. Its like a cross between Born of Osiris and Impending Doom. I have always respected the Sm7B for vokills, great choice. There are a few points in the song where the automation sounds off (loud and low on some places) other than that everything sounds pretty generic.

Thank you very much guys!

For guitars I used my Ltd H-1000 going into the line 6 ux2. My podfarm patch is a noisegate going into a screamer (drive all the way down, gain all the way up, tone at 12 o'clock) and then the Mississippi Criminial Head with the 4x12 Treadplate and the condenser mic. Low and Highpass and a cut at around 4k.
Left and right guitar have a different EQ on the amp head and I only double tracked the guitars.
Lead guitar is basically the same but with a delay and a bit more compression.
Clean tone is the piezo acoustic with chorus, delay and reverb added.

Bass is ZomBass using the Set Munson Crunch preset and some automation.

For vocals i also used podfarm: used the american classic preamp, a compressor and in the DAW i further compressed the vocals, added a low and highpass and some reverb to wet up the vocals.

In steven slate i used snare 12A and kick 10, routed everything to my DAW and mixed it from there..

If you have more questions i'd be happy to answer them!

@shapisb: yes, I also think the lead isn't as present as it should be!

@XxSicRokerxX: yhea i guess you're right about the automation! especially in the clean part i think it sometimes sounds a bit off :/

I'm really happy you guys digg it!

who cares about genres?
But I'm pretty sure that this is not deathcore.
And I doubt that this is the "Correct my wrong genre thread"?